~ > 29 < ~

~Pole position push a little harder
  Hey now, life is every minute
  All or nothing
  Living on the limits
  Hey now, I'll race you to the finish~

There were only a few hours left until the first free practice in Australia and of course this season and I was running Ava like crazy from one place to another to make sure the reporters were all happy and to check everything as it should be. I just looked around for Nicholas because I had to give him the next appointment of his interview as it was brought forward by half an hour. But my motivation today was only halfway there anyway because the interview with Uncle Adam has been on my mind for days. George somehow always tried to cheer me up, which I appreciated, but he had to deal with the race and stick to his plan. I wasn't angry with him, I thought it was really sweet of him, the way he always was when I was feeling bad, but I didn't want him to drag me before his career either. Besides, maybe it was about time Uncle Adam told me about everything. He and I knew something had happened, he just didn't trust me and since we've been back he's been acting strange, that's no coincidence...
"Hey Nicholas," I called when I spotted him. I slowly realised how warm I wanted to be in my loose white trousers and black Williams T-shirt, even though it wasn't that warm today.
"What's up Lilibeth?" he asked.
"Your interview has been postponed," I replied. "You'll have it in just under 30 minutes," I explained, showing him my notes to demonstrate.
"Thank you," he thanked me. "George really wanted to see you," he then added as I started to leave again. "Why?", I asked confused.
"Do I look like I know?" he laughed. I shook my head.
"I know you're thinking of something dirty."
"Not true at all," he interjected.
I raised my eyebrows and walked past him to go into George's room. As I made my way, I took out my notebook and put a tick after the point that I had to tell Nicholas about the interview. When I got to George's, I knocked on the door and waited for an answer from inside.
"Come in."
Slowly I opened the door, entered and closed it right behind me after seeing George standing there. He only had his overalls up to his waist and his upper body was naked. Typical George. I walked up to him and gave him a kiss and looked at him. Even though I knew what George looked like, I blushed every time, and that's what made him grin.
"What?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows.
"You pervert idiot. I know what you look like naked," I teased him and grinned too. "What do you want?", I asked laughing after he pulled his one sad face.
"Do you have five minutes to play photographer for me?" my boyfriend asked.
"Sure," I replied and took my phone out of my pocket. "But no more Magic Mike pictures on Instagram," I asked him laughing.
"And why not?" he asked, confused. I lowered my phone and raised my eyebrows. "Oh, someone's jealous," he grinned.
"I'm not," I interjected, holding my phone up again. While George was still laughing, I took him a few pictures, which I liked. "Now pull that thing up," I demanded too.
"Jealous"
"Shut up," I bitched at him. He put on his overalls and then posed so I could take a few pictures. "These will have to do," I then said and sent him the pictures right away.
"Do you have a lot of plans for today?", George asked and stood next to me.
"Pretty much," I answered and put my arms around his neck. "But you don't care because your sweet ass will be in the car in less than two hours," I instructed him.
"Yes ma'am," he laughed and gave me such a gentle kiss on the lips that I barely felt it and put his hands around my waist. Automatically I moved closer to him, deepened the kiss and closed my eyes. These were again the moments I would like to interrupt, but of course, it happened again. My mobile phone started ringing, but I ignored it and pressed George even closer to me, but he gently pulled away.
"Maybe you'll answer it," he said, to which I rolled my eyes. But I didn't want to answer it.
Why couldn't George keep his fucking mouth shut? My phone stopped ringing anyway, but I was about to get a text from Jaz.

Be at the hospitality in five minutes, we and Ava need to talk!

I exhaled deeply and knew I had extra work waiting for me. Slowly I lowered my head onto George's chest as I realised this. "That bad?" he asked with a laugh.
"Hmm," I murmured.
"All right, shall we go out tonight?" he asked. "Chinese?"
Immediately I lifted my head and a smile formed on my lips. "That's the Lilibeth I like to see," he returned my smile, put his left hand around my cheek and pulled me in for another kiss, but this time it was short.
"Have fun today," I wished him and pressed another short kiss to his lips.
"I will and you get back to work before you get fired."
I pressed one last kiss to his cheek before breaking away from his embrace and walking to the door.
"And don't forget your promise" I winked at him and closed the door behind me.
Smiling, I walked towards the hospitality and greeted Ava and Jaz.
"Where have you been?" Ava asked curiously.
"Where?" Ja asked wryly and then they both looked at me. "She visited Prince George of King's Lynn".
I rolled my eyes. The two of them again. "So what do we need to-"
I was interrupted by the ringing of my phone. I screwed up my face and looked at the screen. Unknown number. Strange. "I'll just get that," I announced, answering the call. "Elizabeth Ward here, Event Manager for Williams Racing, how can I help?", I introduced myself.
"Good to reach you so quickly, Miss Ward," a lady greeted me on the other line. 
"I'm Gina Kleymens," she introduced herself.
"Ah Mrs Kleymens," I said loudly so that Ava and Jaz would hear. Mrs Kleymens was one of the organisers of the Melbourne course, which is why I was so confused to get a call from her, but everything was organised and we didn't make any mistakes. "How can I help you, Mrs Kleymens?", I asked.
"I'm afraid not at all Miss Ward," she replied sounding rather disappointed to which I screwed up my face.
Did this mean something?
"I am sorry to inform you that the race for Australia has to be cancelled for this weekend".
My eyes widened as the words rang in my ears.
Cancelled?!
"Ehm, well... Completely cancelled?", I stammered and Ava and Jaz gave each other confused looks before looking back at me. "Yes Miss Ward, completely for this weekend. The situation around Covid-19 has deteriorated significantly, so we have agreed with the FIA to cancel it for now. It will be postponed indefinitely for the time being. We are thinking about a few months." Mrs Kleymens explained.
I nodded and tried to process this. This isn't really happening, is it?
"Yes, well...thank you for the information Mrs Kleymens, I'll pass you right on," I said, trying to sound as professional as possible. "Thank you, Miss Ward, as soon as I have any more information on the race I will get back to you. I will be the advisor for Team Williams."
"Good, I will also contact you if there is anything unclear."
We said goodbye before I hung up and took another deep breath. Ava and Jaz were still looking at me expectantly, waiting for me to tell them everything, because I could read in my face that something was wrong. I tried to search for the right words, but I couldn't find any.
How could I? How could I say it?
"Please don't tell me that's what I think," Jaz said worriedly.
"I probably can't," I said, taking a deep breath. "The race has been postponed for an undetermined amount of time because of Corona."
"Shit", they said at the same time. "Really?"
"Ok, we are not allowed to lose our cool," Ava reminded us. "It's going to be a lot of work, but now we have to plan everything for the departure, we probably won't stay here."
I shook my head. "They are guessing a few months. We'll probably have to leave."
"And who's going to tell Claire?" Jaz asked uncertainly.
"Tell Claire what?" a sudden familiar asked behind us.
Slowly we turned to look at Claire, who was looking confused in her Williams T-shirt and loose hair. "Is something wrong?"
All three of us shook our heads.
"We have... bad news," Ava began.
"It's being cancelled," Jaz added.
"Today?" Claire asked with raised eyebrows.
I shook my head again. "The whole weekend," I replied, to which she exhaled deeply.
"Not because of...?"
"Yes," the three of us answered at the same time. "Corona."
"Shit," she said this time. "Who was notified?"
"Me," I answered again and Claire turned my attention to me.
"Mrs Kleymens?"
I nodded. "We can't stay because it's been postponed for several months."
"Well, I guess I'll have to announce it then," she said bitterly and snorted.
"You three are organising the departure and everything around it?" she asked.
"We're getting everything ready to go, boss," Ava confirmed.
"Very good, if anything new comes in, let me know immediately," she ordered us.
"I'll pass on the information now".She disappeared again immediately and the three of us looked after her.
"We have a lot of work to do," Jaz said.
"Yes, and we have to finish within a few hours," I added.