~ > 10 < ~

~Last Christmas I gave you my heart~

It was on the 23th of December and my date with George was two days ago. Yes, I was still full of love and could not believe what happened afterwards. We almost kissed. He and me. I started to smirk when I thought about it and touched the place where he kissed my cheek. 
I was sitting in the underground, on my way to London for visiting my cousins over Christmas there. I was free from working from today until the 26th of December. On the 27th, I have to work one day. I will be in London until the 25th and then I will start working again at home because I have a lot to do until March. 
I finally arrived in London and I could see Lily with Nathan in her arms and her boyfriend Jack, the father of Nathan. Luckily I had not many stuff with me, only a little backpack for the two days because I did not need more. "Hello guys", I greeted the three and hugged Jack and Lily. I have met Jack once when I was on my class trip to England a few years ago. "Hey, what's up?", he asked while he was hugging me. "Not much, just a bit tired of travelling."
"Oh darling, you have to travel more in March", Lily smirked and hugged me as well. 
"Hi Nate, come here, my little treasure hunter", I said to him and he started to smile. Lily gave him to me and I was holding him now. "How are you, my little treasure hunter."
"Good", he said. "You Auntie Lilibeth?"
"Pretty good, thank you, darling", I thanked him and we walked into the city of London. "Oh my god, I missed London so much.", I admitted as I looked around again. We had to walk to the next bus stop so that we could go to Lily and Jack. Danny and Dom would come over tomorrow to celebrate Christmas Eve with us. On the 25th I will go home again at noon. "You could have easily moved to London," Jack said.
"Well, it's too far from Wantage, you know? And Swindon is quite a small town," I explained. "But I can always come to London for a weekend."
"You definitely need to come over more often," Lily replied "Since you live nearby. Besides, both my siblings need to be brought up."
We started laughing as I looked around London again. We were just walking down the street past Piccadilly Circus and I quickly snapped a picture for Instagram. "Hey, how about lunch at the Hardrock Café?" Jack suggested. "At least you'll have spent some time in London before you go back. TomorrLily and I agreed and we sat down at the Hardrock Café to have lunch. I ate a burger - which was huge - with fries and also took a picture for Instagram and put it in my story. "Back in London after years and having lunch at Hardrock Café, 🥰😍" I wrote underneath and posted it.
We all chatted over lunch and talked about my job. "So what's it like working for F1?" Jack asked
"Pretty cool, even if it's just almost paperwork waiting for me until March," I confessed. "But I'm looking forward to when it can finally start in Australia."
"Oh yes," Lily said. "And how about those one guys?"
My gaze slid to the floor and my cheeks turned red. "Oh, there's someone in love with that one work colleague?", Jack asked with a smirk.
"Well -"
"Do not dare to annoy her, Dom and Danny almost got killed by her", Lily warned her boyfriend and he opened his mouth. He closed it afterwards and continued with eating his burger. 
"So tell me, how is he? And what is his name?", Lily asked. 
"Well, his name is George", I started and my face got more red. It was probably always the same when I started talking about George. "And yeah, he is... very sweet and he is a real gentleman."
"Mommy, what is a gentleman?", Nathan asked confused. 
"Men like me.", Jack answered. 
"C'mon Jack, do not lie to our child", Lily said and I started to laugh. 
"A gentleman is a man who treats women in the right way and who is very friendly", I explained for Nathan. 
"So, you love a gentleman?", Nathan continued. 
Lily and Jack looked curious to hear what I would say. "Maybe", I answered with a smile and gave a kiss on his cheek. 
"Okay, I mean you have not been on a date with him yet to decide-"
I bite my lips while she said it and she stopped it. "Really, Lilibeth? You have been on a date with him?", Lily asked surprised. 
"Yes and... I don't know."
"Why is that so complicated? Just say, yes or no? Do you love him?", Jack said. Lily gave him an angry look and he raised both hands innocently.

On the next day, Dom and Danny came at 4 pm with their girlfriends. I have not met them yet and the two introduced themselves to me and so did I to them. "Nice to meet you, Elizabeth. I am Katie."
"Nice to meet you too", I said to Katie, Dom's girlfriend. After that, I shook Amy's hand. "Nice to meet you, Amy. I am Elizabeth."
"Hi, Elizabeth, nice to meet you too."
First, we decided to talked a bit and to get to know us. It was mainly me, Katie and Amy who got to know each other. "You are working for Formula 1?", Katie asked. 
"How interesting, my brother is a big fan.", Amy laughed. 
"Yeah, it is really nice."
"And what are you doing there?", Katie asked. 
"I am an event manager and project manager", I answered. "I organize the important stuff around the races for the team."
Both of them were really nice and friendly and we also talked about them. "We both knew each other before.", Amy said and looked at Katie. "We are nurses here in London. And yeah.", Katie said.
"By the nurses.", Amy said. "I guess we should tell you something"
"Oh yeah", Danny confirmed. 
"I am pregnant.", Amy announced.
We all congratulated them and hugged them. It was really nice how this turned out. "Poor child, now he's going to be like you," Dom said to his big brother.
"Ah, shut your mouth," Danny interjected, slapping him on the back of his head.
"If you ever become a father, I'll feel just as sorry for the kid," I said to Dom. "But you're right, let's hope it's a girl," I then said to Amy.
"I hope so too, actually," Amy admitted.
"Hey," Danny interjected. "I'm not that bad"
Everyone started coughing playfully and Danny looked at us all confused. This was a lie, even all of London knew that. "I'm just saying the car" I muttered, raising my hands innocently as I sat down on the couch.
"Just to be clear I was-"
"Drunk?" both Lily and Dom finished his sentence at the same time.
Danny sat down next to me on the couch and poured himself red wine. "You too?" he asked me, holding the bottle out to me. Laughing, I held the glass out to him and let him pour me some.

My mobile phone on the coffee table started vibrating and the name "George" flashed up. "Ohh, who is George?", Danny asked curiously when he saw it too. "No one important to you," I replied and picked up my phone. "I'm going to make a quick phone call," I announced and left the room. "Is he the guy with the sweaty hugs?" shouted Danny after me. I ignored him and took the call with a smile. "Hi George," I greeted him.
"Hi darling, Merry Christmas. I hope I'm not disturbing you."
"Merry Christmas," I replied. "No, you're not. How are you?"
"Good and yourself?"
"Fine too, thank you.", I thanked. "How are you spending Christmas?", I asked, as I realised we hadn't talked about it at all. Just the fact that we hadn't talked for two days was driving me crazy inside. I missed his face, his voice, his smell, his hugs...
"I'm in King's Lynn, with my parents and my siblings are there with their partners and kids," he told me. "What about you? I saw on Instagram yesterday that you were in London."
"Yes, I am. I'm with my cousin and my cousins are there with their girlfriends," I explained. "So full out and I'm being bugged by them," I laughed.
"So I'm running after two little monsters," he complained.
"Well, Uncle George will have to prove himself fast without a fast car," I teased him and couldn't help but grin. He laughed out loud. I missed that laugh, seeing it for real, I would love to see it. "You're right, Uncle George must be trying hard."
"But hey, I have to look after my little cousin and my two big cousins too, it's no different."
"Mine here are just 3 and 5 years old!"
"Mine 5, 26 - actually mentally 5 and 32 - actually 4 years old."
We both laughed again. "Fine, I'll let you win."
"Where are you Lilibeth? We're about to eat!" shouted Lily. "I'll be right there!", I called back. "Well George, Merry Christmas again."
"For you too, Lilibeth. I'll see you later? Or still on the phone?"
"Sure, we still have to go-karting!", I reminded him.
"Right, and more dates I promised you," he added.
 "Right."
"See you then, darling"
"See you, George"
With a smile on my face, I hung up and paused for a moment. Did I ever mention how much I loved him calling me darling?