~ > 13 < ~

~She's Leaving Home~

I groaned as I tried to open my eyes, but everything hurt. My head felt like jelly, I couldn't feel my legs at all. When I pressed my nose closer into the pillow, I noticed how good it smelled. How much I loved that smell. It's probably my favourite smell. It was George's smell. George. In a flash, I opened my eyes and pushed the blanket away. This was too quick as my head didn't stop it and when I looked around I saw that I was in a strange room. I tried to remember the previous evening, but it was difficult. I had clearly drunk too much. Then I remembered. George and I danced and laughed together and then we kissed. And after that... He kissed his ex. At these thoughts I let myself fall backwards in the pillows again and groaned. Of course, this was happening to me again. A guy plays something and I look like the last idiot again. I wonder what George's friends were thinking now? That I was probably playing the slut. And why the fuck was I in George's bed?! Where was George anyway?
I decided to get out of bed and ignored the stinging in my head as I put on my shoes and looked for my jacket. I didn't even remember taking it off but put it on without giving it a second thought. I looked around the room again to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything and left. I quietly closed the door behind me and walked through the living room. There, everything was thrown back and forth untidily. Glasses lay in the bar, empty and half-empty bottles lay scattered on the floor and then there was George. He was lying on the couch, without a T-shirt and his left arm was wrapped around his stomach. I took a step towards him and toyed with the idea of waking him up. I wanted to tell him to his face what he had done to me, but I could not. Tears welled up in my eyes at the thought and I made my way to the front door where I grabbed my backpack. Right now I wanted nothing more than to leave this house and never come back.
 It felt like half an eternity when I was finally home. I really had to pull myself together not to start crying in the underground. But at home, when I closed the front door behind me, the first thing I did was to fall on the floor and cry. I pulled my knees to my face and cried. The hot tears fell down my cheek and my head still hurt from the alcohol, but I hardly noticed because I had other pains. My heart was broken. Again. I thought - no I was even sure - that George would love me. Isn't that what Lando said yesterday? It was clear that George and I had been bonding for the last few weeks and then we kissed... Why the hell did his ex have to show up and ruin everything? Why did he love her? Was he really just faking it with me over the weeks? Maybe he was just making her jealous so he could get back together with her...
It was the same again. I was taken advantage of and then I'm thrown to the side like a piece of shit as if I never existed. That was it. And I was in love and crying. 
In the bathroom, I took off my make-up. It seemed harder because everything got smeared by the crying.
Being in love sucks and is stupid. It was stupid. Stupid. Not good. It ruins you. My uncle used to say that sad people or people in love always stuff themselves with food. Only the thing is, I'm both. Means I eat twice as much. Half my fridge was about to go into my stomach, plus a lot of sweets. I luckily still had ice cream, chocolate and gummy bears at home, which I actually bought for Nathan when they were there, but he didn't eat them. And I found another jar of Nutella, which was even full. I put the pizza in the oven to go with it and sat down in the sweets and a spoon on the couch. I turned on Netflix and started eating in the meantime.
What kind of film should I watch? Definitely not a love story, otherwise I'd break my TV. So I decided to watch "The Conjuring 2" because I wanted to see how people are taken over by ghosts.  
But the film got boring, not only because I saw it, but because I got more and more upset about something. It was over for me when "Can't Help Falling in Love With You" by Elvis was played in a scene. Yes, the song always reminded me of George. Always. Annoyed and pissed off, I threw the pillow against the TV and finally turned it off with the remote control. I started crying again, this time loudly and buried my face in the pillows. Then I screamed in the pillows as loud as I could. Why only me? Why me? What have I done to the world to be treated like this? My mobile phone started vibrating and I saw that I had received a message. From George. I angrily wiped it away and tried not to throw my phone against the wall as I saw I had received more messages. My cousins apparently called me, my uncle too, but he wrote me a message with "Happy New Year" and my parents... Mum wrote to me "Happy New Year, from your father and me". I answered them all back and then threw my phone on the couch. 
I just didn't know what to do, I didn't know what to do next. I wanted to cry again, but I cried so much that there were no more tears. All the sweets were empty too and I didn't feel like going to the shop to buy more.
Watching a film wouldn't do me any good, so I only had one more idea. To call the person who would always listen to me, no matter what I did. The person who would do anything for me and sacrifice anything for me, no matter what. Trembling, I called him and waited until the bell rang. It wasn't long before the person on the other line picked up the phone. "Lilibeth?"
"Hi, Uncle Adam," I said with relief, noticing the tears welling up again. "Happy New Year, little one. How are you?"
"Happy New Year. Well, if I was all right, I wouldn't be crying," I sniffled, wiping my eyes. "Oh sweetheart, are you alright? Do you want me to beat anyone up?" he asked and I chuckled at his comment. "I'd rather not," I replied. "Then you would have some problems"
"I've already had them," he interjected with a laugh. Of course, I couldn't and wasn't allowed to laugh at that. But that was another story and I couldn't think about that now. "You know, I'm so stupid." 
"The only one who is stupid is the one who would call you that," he sternly contradicted me. "Now tell me, what happened?"
I exhaled deeply. "What were you doing when your heart was broken?", I asked slowly. "But... so on another level," I added.
"So bad was when we knew your aunt had cancer," he replied. "But my heart was broken when she died. And what did I do? Cried for a while, for a month. And then... you know."
"Yes, I know," I nodded. "So is it stupid to have a broken heart when you've fallen in love, had the person make you feel like they love you too, and then have yours ripped apart?"
"Having a broken heart is never wrong, little one. But faking it is wrong," he explained. "Which asshole broke your heart?"
Should I confess it all to him now? I knew what Uncle Adam was like, he wasn't joking. He knew what he had to do and then he would do it.
"If I tell you then he won't be alive tomorrow," I threw and bit my lips.
"Wasn't that your plan?" uncle Adam laughed. I couldn't help but laugh.
"You know my opinion on the subject," I said. That was one thing only Uncle Adam and I knew, if anyone else knew it would be disastrous.
"Aren't you going to tell me more about him?" he asked. "You know you can tell me anything."
"Yes, I know"
"Then tell me," he urged me. I knew it was best to tell. If I was going to tell anyone, it would be him. Even though I had the twins and Vee, of course, there was no one closer than Uncle Adam. "And if he's not good enough in my opinion, I'll come to England myself and sort it out."
I exhaled before I started. "Well, his name is George, Uncle Adam. And you should know, he's not just a normal person... He's special..."

A/N: I know, it's not really long, but the last chapter was longer :) 
I hope you still like it

Sending love x