Chapter two

Jade

The door opens and a girl walks in. She has long black hair. In some form of plait thing.

"Oh this isn't the right room. I'm sorry."

I stay quiet. I dont like to talk to people as I've already told you guys.

"Are you okay?"

I nod.

"Dont like to talk?"

I shake my head.

"Well, I'm LeighAnne. I'm the niece of a nurse here. Perrie Edwards. Do you know her."

I nod a little quickly and she smiles.

"You're Jade aren't you?"

I nod. She smiles.

"Can i sit?"

I nod again. She takes a seat next to me on my bed and smiles.

"To say Perrie calls you a talkative person, you dont really talk."

I smile.

"There a reason behind that?"

I nod. She passes me some weird device thing. I frown.

"Would you prefer a book?"

I nod. She takes the device thing off me and passess me my notepad and a pen.

I dont like to talk to new people. Perrie and Jesy say i have selective mutism but i dont know what that means.

I pass the book to LeighAnne and she nods.

"Basically, selective mutism is where you talk to certain people that you're comfortable talking to. When you dont feel comfortable talking to someone, you simply dont. Hense, selective mutism." LeighAnne explains.

I nod. LeighAnne's weird device thing makes a weird noise. She puts it at her ear.

"Hello.... oh hey.... no sorry i got a little lost... no I'm with one of your patients... Jade i think..... okay see you soon." LeighAnne says.

I frown.

"That was Perrie. Kinda forgot i was supposed to meet her today. You know, you're a pretty cool person." LeighAnne says.

I smile and pick up my pen.

You're pretty cool too.

I then pass her the book and she smiles.

"Thank you."

The door opens and Perrie walks in.

"You know... it's a very long walk to your room from my office." Perrie says.

I smile.

"C'mon you." Perrie says towards LeighAnne.

LeighAnne stands up and follows Perrie. Perrie closes my door and i go to sleep.

The next morning, Jesy wakes me up to feed me and to hydrate me. Cos i need those to live.

"So LeighAnne tells me and Perrie that you didn't talk to her much last night."

"No cos i wasnt comfortable. You two said i have selective mutism."

"It's not really selective mutism. Its more like.... i dont really know. Maybe it is selective mutism. I should probably get a diagnosis first." Jesy says.

I nod.

"So. Lets have a look at what we're doin today." Jesy says.

She looks at her book and smiles.

"Art day."

I smile. I love art. Art is amazing.

"Okay, so, you have an option. Drawing or painting."

"Drawing."

She smiles. We spend a while drawing. I come out with this.

"Can i see what you have?" Jesy asks

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Can i see what you have?" Jesy asks.

I show her the drawing and she smiles.

"That's really good. We might just have to put that on the wall of drawings." Jesy says.

I smile. The door opens and it's Perrie.

"Hey Pez." Jesy says.

She walks in and smiles.

"So, what have you two been up too?"

We show her the drawings.

"That seems pretty cool."

"Where's LeighAnne?" Jesy asks.

"On the phone to Ariana."

"Who's Ariana?" I ask.

"LeighAnne's mum." Perrie says.

I nod. Me, Jesy and Perrie talk for a little longer before they let me watch the tv placed in my room. About 20 minutes into what I'm watching, someone knocks on my door. Jesy and Perrie dont knock. I dont like it.

"Jade?"

Yous probably know who it is but take a guess.