─ vingt deux

VINGT DEUX

slytherins are the best gamblers!

IT HAD BEEN exactly three days, seven hours and thirty six minutes since Lily had told James that she loved him and she felt like she could fly. Everything was good. Truly. 

Currently, the two were in James's bedroom. They both laid on the bed, James's head in Lily's lap as she read a book for Arithmancy and James was supposedly listening ( but he'd actually fallen asleep ). 

They hadn't told either of their groups of friends yet, but they had a feeling that they knew. In the hallways, they acted the same as before, except a few more glances were stolen and they demanded to sit next to each other during shared classes ( with an excuse about the end of the year planning ). 

It was Tuesday ( which was truly such a dismal day, but tomorrow was Wednesday, which was slightly better ) and it was also almost 11pm. Normally, Lily would be working into the wee hours of the morning, James as well, to try and get their mounds of homework done, but the previous weekend had proven to be very productive. 

Lily closed her book softly and looked down to see James's sleeping form and smiled to herself. She could get used to this. She could get used to the way he smiled a little bit as he slept. And how whenever he breathed out, the curls that adorned his forehead moved with the sudden puff of air. How he held her hand as he slept. 

She carefully leaned over, set the book on the nightstand and snuffed out the light. She then slowly scooched down so she was lying down. James shifted so his head was on her chest and he leaned into her, one arm wrapped around her waist. Lily stayed on her back and brought her free arm over James. 

She drifted off to sleep as well, only to be awoken by the screeching alarm clock that she'd set. She quickly shot up, waking up James in the process. She relaxed as she realized that they had time before classes that morning and sunk back down into the warm bed. 

She turned on her side and faced James who was, as well, awake. They looked at each other for what felt like hours, but it was only a couple of minutes. 

"Good morning, sunshine," James murmured as he stared into her eyes.

"Good morning, darling," Lily mumbled as she smiled. 

She leaned forward slowly and captured his lips with hers in a slow, sweet kiss. 

"We should probably get ready," Lily mumbled, her lips not too far away from his, so he could practically feel her mouth the words.