─ vingt sept

VINGT SEPT

lily edwards would make a wonderful lawyer, said no one ever!

( tw: mentions of traumatic events, homophobia )

MONDAY HIT LIKE a bus for everyone at Hogwarts. With the combination of James Sirius Potter's annual bash and spring holiday being just around the corner, no one was paying attention or was even awake during classes. 

A long block of Transfiguration droned on for James Sirius Potter. Honestly, did they really have to review a spell that they learned in fourth year? If someone hadn't become at least sufficient at that spell by now, he shouldn't have to suffer for it.

But, luckily for James, Lysander and Ben bailed him out by blowing up one of the boy's bathrooms ( honestly, they'd become quite the pair that absolutely no one saw coming ) and classes ended early, so the professors could clean up the mess and ( try to ) punish the boys.

"So," Fred said with a grin as he shoved James in the side slightly as they walked down the corridor. "Spring holidays with the Edwards's."

"Looks like it," James said with a smile. "And my family's coming too."

"Wait, really?" Fred groaned. "Fuck, mate, you're all leaving me alone with that lot?"

"Sorry," James teased. "Got a better offer."

"Where's my invite? I helped set you two up and I'm family!" Fred exclaimed. "I want to lounge in a Southern French villa!"

"Looks like your luck ran out, mate!" James called. "There's your boyfriend, though."

Lorcan's face appeared down the corridor ( as he had stayed behind to ask a question ) and Fred lit up. He jogged a bit over to where he was, pecked him on the lips and grabbed his hand. James watched, smiling, as they walked down the corridor together.

"Lost in thought, Potter?" Henry Stints asked as he came up behind him, nearly giving James a heart attack.

"Was until now, thanks," James replied sarcastically.

"Eh," Henry shrugged. "I'm a light walker. But what I'm not light on is information about Lily's parents."

"And this is why you're my favorite of her friends," James said with a cheeky smile.

"Yeah, sure," Henry grumbled.

"'t's true. I don't blow up things with just anyone, mate," James replied.