─ vingt neuf

VINGT NEUF

harry's lack of judgement is concerning!

THE FIRST NIGHT went on like a dream. Gael, Pierre, Ginny and Harry all got along swimmingly. Lily knew that this holiday would, most likely, be one of the best ones she'd ever had. 

So, waking up the next morning, in France, to Pierre and Lily Luna excitedly cooking in the kitchen and Gael and James talking about god knows what while the birds chirped and the bees buzzed, Lily felt at peace. She felt happy. 

She, finally, allowed herself to be truly, completely happy. 

She was brought out of her thoughts by knocking on her bedroom door and Albus Potter inching his way around the door. He had a timid smile and more disheveled hair than usual ( if that was even a possibility ). Lily smiled softly back at him and sat up in bed, her sheets pooling on her legs and opened her arms wide.

He smiled and came in for the hug, snuggling into her stomach as she stroked his hair. They stayed like that, quietly, for quite some time. 

"I haven't seen everyone this happy in a while," Albus said muffled into her shirt.

"Well, I think everyone was pretty happy during Christmas holiday," Lily countered softly as she looked down at the Potter boy, who had turned over, lying down on her lap.

"May have seemed like that," Albus said as he exhaled. "But mum and dad were having problems. But you'd never really been around all of us, so you didn't really know what to look for. But if you knew, you would've felt it."

"Oh," Lily said softly. "I'm sorry."

"'t's alright," Albus said with a small laugh. "So far, this has been good for them."

"Really?" Lily asked, slightly mischievously.

"You know — you and James are so alike now," Albus said.

"I beg your pardon!" Lily scoffed.

"Your brain is turning because you're going to meddle!" Albus exclaimed as he sat up. "I just know it!" 

"Should I meddle?" Lily asked, pulling back a bit.

"Dunno," Albus shrugged. "Feel like you already have — dragging them all the way to France."

"All it took was a change of scenery?" Lily asked incredulously. 

"Well, if you think about it, they get to escape who they are back in England and pressures and everything. You know — " Albus explained.