─ dix huit

DIX HUIT

lily and james just need to kiss already!

LILY WOKE UP to the sound of hushed arguing. Her breath caught as she stayed deathly still and pretended that she was asleep.

"You're going to wake her up, you twats," James muttered bitterly. 

"It's not my fault," a small voice said, probably Lily Luna's.

"You were the one who was making the racket," another voice piped up, presumably Rose's. 

"Girls! Get downstairs and let them rest!" a woman harshly whispered.

"Thank you, Aunt Angelina, the only sane person," James grumbled.

She heard the shuffling of feet, the door close and James let out a breath. 

"They're gone," he mumbled and she could feel the smile in his voice. 

She turned over slowly to see James sitting up, with the duvet covering the bottom half of his body, shirtless. She tried to cover the blush that had painted her cheeks. 

"Thank you," she whispered. 

He chuckled slightly and turned to her. He squinted a little bit — almost as if in judgement as he looked at her. He then shook his head and turned back, facing the wall.

Lily panicked a little on the inside at the action. It was a small part of her that asked the fated question: did he not like her anymore? 

"You know I had the weirdest dream," James said as he laughed a little, fell back onto the bed and out his hand over his face.

Lily cautiously propped herself up on her elbow.

"About?" she asked.

"You said you were in love with me," James said. Lily's heart started to race, thinking he'd heard her and Albus's conversation. "I guess that's why they're called dreams, right?" 

He then flashed her the million dollar smile and got up.

"I probably have to go help mum with something. Thanks for letting me sleep here," he said with a small smile as he left the door and closed the door. 

Lily smiled and nodded. So he hadn't heard her last night. A part of her groaned, it would've been a lot easier if he had, but another part let out a sigh of relief because he seemed to be less and less interested in her ( as in, he hadn't asked her out since Halloween, but even then, that was after a long while of him not asking her out ). She honestly didn't know what to think as her anxiety flooded her brain, making her thoughts go fuzzy.