─ vingt huit

VINGT HUIT

gael & pierre!

"DAD!" LILY YELLED as she ran out of the train.

"Hi sweetness!" Gael said back jauntily as she jumped into his arms. 

"Bonjour, ma fleur," Pierre said from behind Gael.

"Papa, vous etes la?" Lily asked in disbelief as she looked and saw the face of her father. 

"Oui, ma fille," he said with a warm smile as she threw her arms around him. 

"Lily, are you going to introduce us to your friend?" Gael whispered as he saw a strange boy approaching them ( with their daughter's trunk in hand ).

"Oh- um-" she stumbled as she detached herself from Pierre.

"It's nice to meet you, Dr. Edwards, I'm James," James said as he stuck out his hand for Gael to shake as he set down Lily's trunk.

"Mr. Edwards," James then said as he turned and shook Pierre's hand firmly. As predicted, Pierre had a stone cold face as his eyes ( seemingly ) bore into James's soul.

"He is my ... boyfriend," Lily said with a nervous chuckle.

"This is James?" Gael asked in disbelief. "You said he was cute, but not this cute, ma fleur."

Lily glared at Gael as he laughed it off and James smiled politely. 

"I'm Gael and the Easter Island Statue is Pierre," he said joyfully. 

James smiled at the joke, but dared not to laugh. 

"James and his family are joining us for holiday, remember?" Lily said with ( fake ) niceness.

"Of course, ma cherie," Pierre said with a pleasant smile. "Do you or any of your family have allergies or need special accommodation?" 

"No, sir," James said with a quick smile.

"Well, I don't want to keep you from them," Lily said as she smiled gratefully at him. "Thanks for bringing my trunk."

"'course," James said as he smiled down at her.

"Why don't you walk him over to his parents and say hi?" Gael suggested.

"Gael-" Pierre protested.

"Oh hush, Pierre," Gael said as he put out an arm in front of the stony man. 

"O- okay," Lily said as she turned to leave with James. 

"Feels sort of weird, doesn't it?" James asked as they walked over to his chattering family.