─ vingt trois

VINGT TROIS

lily edwards is a nerd!

LILY DIDN'T KNOW why she was so nervous to ask him. That was a complete and utter lie. She knew exactly why. She'd met his parents, but this was him meeting hers ( which was totally not something she wanted to happen, not yet, at least ). Was this what he felt like when he'd asked her? 

Gael and Pierre Edwards had ( somehow ) tracked down an owl and written to Lily, asking her to bring her boyfriend to France with them for their spring holiday ( she also had no idea how they found out that her and James had gotten together ). 

She looked nervously down at the letter when James kicked down the door to their dorm.

"Honey! I'm home!" he yelled as he looked at her with excited eyes. 

"I understood that reference!" she chirped as a smile settled itself onto her face. 

"What're ya nervous about?" James asked casually as he kicked off his shoes.

"How did you-?" Lily asked.

James just looked at her with an unimpressed face. Lily sighed in response and showed him the letter.

"What does it say?" James asked as she still didn't speak.

"My parents are inviting you on spring holiday with us and they said if you want, your family could come as well," Lily said. "We have a manor in France. My papa inherited it when his parents died." 

"Your parents — the big, scary, tall ones — want me to come on spring holiday with them?" James asked. 

"They're tall, but they're not scary. My papa looks intimidating, but start talking about architecture or Jane Austen, then he'll melt like a puddle," Lily said off-handedly. 

"Well it sounds like fun, I'll let my mum and dad know," James said with a quick smile. 

"What? No, I was going to say you had plans or something," Lily said as she followed James into his room where his quill and ink were.

"Looks like I'll have to write your parents myself then," he said as he rummaged through his pile of things.

"I'd like to see you try," Lily said with a scoff.

"Bold of you to assume I don't know your address," James said with a sassy face. 

Lily opened her mouth to counter him, but ultimately decided against it. There was a very high possibility that he was not lying and she honestly did not want to find out the truth.