─ douze

DOUZE

james potter, professional heartbreaker!

"SO WE BETTER start planning this end of the year thing," James said while they were doing homework in the common room. They had grown accustomed to each other's company and frequently enjoyed working together, finding it mutually beneficial. 

"It seems as if we do, do you have any ideas," Lily asked, not looking up from the book she was reading. James, however, did look up and gave her an incredulous look. 

"Um ... Quidditch Cup ... the moment my entire life has been leading up to...?" James said, trying not to be too mean.

"Well I'm sorry for wanting to give you the space to change your mind," Lily retorted, still not looking up. James rolled his eyes.

"You wanted me to change my mind," James corrected as Lily chuckled a little. "So, if you didn't have a future professional quidditch player as your Head Boy, what would you have done?"

"I don't know ... maybe a ball or something. I originally thought a talent show, but the school's too big and that could pose a health hazard if anyone tries any stunts," Lily rambled, James was just looking at her endearingly. 

"Smile," James said softly as Lily looked up and a camera flashed.

"What ... What are you doing?" Lily asked, slightly shaken.

"Taking a picture of you," James stated as if it was the most obvious and normal thing in the world.

"Yes, obviously, but why?" Lily asked, nervously laughing a bit.

"For memories. I want to remember this year and the best way to do it is pictures. Plus, I bribed Estelle to get me one from the muggle world in return for setting her up with Josie," James replied. Lily smiled a bit, remembering halloween. "Plus, you look pretty."

James smiled quietly and wrote something on the polaroid before continuing to study. Lily, on the other hand, was blushing furiously.

"Wait, Potter, the end of the year?" Lily asked, gaining his attention again.

"Merlin, right ... would you mind having a quidditch cup?" James asked, pulling an apologetic face.

"No, not at all. I actually quite enjoy watching quidditch," Lily said with a slight smile.

"Oh ... I didn't know that ..." James trailed off. "How about we compromise? We can have a smaller quidditch cup, cut it by a couple of rounds and then have a ball at the end. Like American muggle's prom."