─ trente deux

TRENTE DEUX

the bearnaise is lily's edgiest move, to date!

"YOU HAVE A pop quiz in History of Magic!" Nyah Thomas yelled as she approached the big group of friends. They were all seated and doing their work on several picnic blankets in the middle of the quidditch pitch that James had booked for the sole reason of hanging out. 

"What?" Lysander shouted back at her, eyes furrowed in confusion.

"Pop quiz in History of Magic!" she exclaimed again. "I'm in the first class and we just had it!"

"Oh shit, what's it on?" Lily mumbled as she started to grab for the books in her bag, knowing she had it next.

"The wizard's renaissance in Nigeria," she replied as Charlie came bounding out of the castle, trying to find the group of friends on the quidditch pitch, to tell them the exact same thing. 

"Well the pop quiz can wait because we're announcing the start of the tournament at lunch! We've already notified the captains and the first game is this weekend!" James protested.

"It's a quiz James," Lily seethed as she rummaged through her notes.

"Exactly, Lils, it's a quiz," he reminded her. "Put the books down or I'll hide them with my invisibility cloak." 

"Are you trying to make me fail?" she asked frantically.

"No, but I am trying to save your sanity," he urged as he reached for her school supplies, which she was trying to inch away from him.

Once she found the book she was looking for, in a victorious burst of energy, she got up and started to run across the pitch. She had a head start and since Lily had started dating James, she'd had to get into shape based on how much he dragged her along for adventures, usually on foot. 

She laughed as her hair flew behind her and the group of friends watched with knowing smiles as James got up with a smile just as big and chased after her.

"You can't spend your life buried in books!" he yelled after her.

"But I certainly can try!" she shot back as she sprinted near one of the stands in hopes of losing him.

She, however, overestimated her speed and underestimated his stamina as she felt arms wrap around her waist and her pull her back. She laughed hysterically as he caught her and hugged her to his chest, but their lovely moment was soon cut short when he lost his balance.

Lily and James went tumbling onto the grass in a tangle of limbs and Hogwarts uniform pieces. She made sure that he was safe before frantically searching for her book. She stopped, however, when she saw it waved in front of her — safely in James's hand.