─ neuf

NEUF

ben & nyah turn 18!

THE END OF Friday came too slowly for everyone's liking. The professors couldn't keep anyone 4th year and above quiet about who they were going to go with and what they were going to wear. The Thomas birthday party was one of the events of the year. Previously that day, the friends had all gotten together that morning during breakfast and sang Happy Birthday to them. Lily baked two cakes: red velvet with cream cheese frosting for Nyah and vanilla and confetti sprinkles with chocolate buttercream for Ben. The whole hall eventually joined in and they blew out their separate 18 candles, marking the beginning of their birthday.

Lily was exiting Defense Against the Dark Arts when she heard Professor Clearwater call out reminding students that their next topic was unicorns. Lily smiled — she had already done it with James. She found Henry and Nyah already conversing in the hallway, waiting for her, and nodded her head in the direction of the Gryffindor common room to let them know that she was ready to go. 

"So, just to be clear, you, me, Estelle and Ruby are getting ready in the Gryffindor girl's dorms with your dorm-mates?" Lily asked.

"Affirmative!" Nyah exclaimed.

"And the boys will meet us downstairs?" Lily asked.

"Yes ma'am," Henry exclaimed.

"And you've already enchanted the cups?" Lily asked.

"Righto m'lady!" Ben exclaimed, coming up from behind. This caused the girl to jump and bit and let out a yelp as she wasn't expecting him to be there. 

"Um ... good ... I'm so excited!" Lily exclaimed after regaining her composure. 

"It's going to be wicked!" Henry cheered, pumping his fist in the air. 

"Have you invited Will?" Lily asked, smirking.

"He'll be there already, he's a sixth year and a Gryffindor," Henry reasoned.

"Yeah, but he won't be there with you. He'll just be there. You know there's a difference," Lily said, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"I don't want to come on too strong, we already have a date!" Henry said.

"Whatever you say ..." Lily said, smirking even harder.

"Merlin why do you always do that?" Henry asked, clearly frustrated.

"Do what?" She asked.

"That smirk," Henry said with exasperation

"Well that's because she's right," Nyah pointed out. Lily high fived Nyah for her showing of support. And then just shrugged at Henry.