─ trente trois

TRENTE TROIS

it's a mystery that james is still head boy!

"WILL YOU GO to the ball with me?" Lily asked James during breakfast. It was the last week and a half leading up to the ball and huge proposals were being made.

Some of the most memorable included when Ryan Allen-Chang commissioned the Gryffindor Quidditch team to choreograph a dance to "Adore You" by Harry Styles in order to ask Nyah. And when Fred ( with the help of James ) decked out the entire Great Hall in red roses overnight and released doves the next morning during breakfast to ask Lorcan.

The younger years also got into it, but perhaps not as much as those that knew this would be their last shot at childhood. However, everyone was waiting for James to ask Lily, but it never came.

Perhaps they were both too busy checking the decorations and food and everything over and over again to make sure it was perfect. But, this was James and Lily, no matter what they did, it would be perfect because of the amount of care they put into it.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" James shouted.

"Mr. Potter!" Clearwater yelled from the teacher's table.

"'t's not my fault Professor!" James yelled as he stood up. "I was going to ask my girlfriend to the ball, but she beat me to it! It was going to be wicked!"

"Oh shit," Lily muttered. "Sorry? You can still ask me though."

"No, no the moment's ruined," James huffed as he plopped back down with crossed arms.

"Please," Lily pleaded with him as she took his hand. "I really want to see it." 

"Fuck fine," he grumbled. "Start 'er up boys!"

Then, Fred, Lorcan and Lysander all got onto the tables. Lorcan was on bass, Fred on electric guitar and Lysander on drums. Lysander, sat, twirling the drum sticks in his fingers, while Fred and Lorcan waited for James.

Assuming he had cast a summoning spell, a microphone flew into James's hand and the intro to "No Control" by One Direction started to play.

"Oh dear lord," Lily whispered as she set her head on the table. "Do you know what this song is about?"

"'course," James replied with a wink. 

She knew there was no way she could stop him from singing it, even if she made another recommendation, based on the way she saw some of the house elves that worked in the kitchen pushing lights into the room.

James started singing, perfectly in tune. And he had an incredible voice. Lysander was vibing on the drums and Lorcan and Fred shredded their respective instruments.