Chapter Two

"Please spare me! I have a wife! I have kids! Please, I'm begging you!" a voice echoed in my head, jolting me up from my bed as I woke up from my slumber

"Please spare me! I have a wife! I have kids! Please, I'm begging you!" a voice echoed in my head, jolting me up from my bed as I woke up from my slumber. My adrenaline pumped so hard that I found it hard to breathe.

I held onto my chest, tears were forming in my eyes as I tried to calm myself down. I let out a small sigh once my breathing steadied. I leaned against the headboard of my bed, relaxing my tensed muscles.

How much longer am I supposed to face this nightmare? Well, a memory to be exact, a bad one.

The glow from the night moon had made itself visible from behind the closed curtain. I threw my gaze to the wall clock to see that it's only 3 a.m.

I am definitely not going back to sleep.

I looked at Jae who's sleeping soundly beside me. I slowly crept out of my bed and put on my thick cardigan and sandals, then grabbed my phone as well as my purse before heading out of my room and out of the house.

A wave of night breeze greeted my body as I shivered slightly. I walked down the lonely street for around 10 minutes before I could finally see the city lights.

The road in the city is rather quiet today, yet some shops, like cafes, are still open. I smiled the moment I saw my favourite cafe right around the corner.

It's the only 24 hours-cafe around here. I rarely see any customers around this time, which is one of the biggest factors why it's my favourite.

I made my way towards the cafe and entered it. The sudden warmth from the inside almost made me sigh out of relief.

"Hey, welcome back" the barista, Chanhee, peeked from behind the counter as he waved at me.

"Hi" I smiled, waving him back. I walked towards him, at the counter.

"The same order today?" he asked as he lingered around the coffee corner, grabbing the ingredients to make my drink.

"Yeah, thank you" I replied shortly. He nodded, taking it as a cue to start grinding the coffee beans.

I watched him for a bit before making my way towards one of the seats. I took the window seat to give myself chances to stare at the pretty night sky.

The night sky always reminded me of my parents. They had passed away because of the same accident I was in.

I don't even get the chance to say that I love them for the last time.

"Where's my parents? Jae, where is my parents?" I started to freak out as I limped my way around the hospital. The room that I was told supposed to be my parents' were empty.