Chapter Six

The clock strikes 3 a

The clock strikes 3 a.m. and here I am awake with another nightmare. I sighed quietly to myself as I got up from the bed.

I put on my jacket and slipped on my sandals. I was about to grab my wallet when Jae stirred in my bed. I paused.

Is he waking up?

I heard him mumbled gibberish before he snored again. I let out a sigh of relief, grabbed my things, and walked out of my room.

As I walk past the kitchen, the lights were tured on. I paused in the middle of the hallway, looking into the eyes of the person I hate to see at the moment.

"Are you sneaking out?" Wonpil asked from the kitchen, a glass of water in his hand. I gulped.

"No, I'm just going out for a walk" I told him as he nodded.

"So you are sneaking out" he jumped into conclusions. I sighed.

"Please don't tell anyone. I'm just going out for awhile" I told him. He stared at me for a solid second.

"What will I get in return?" he asked instead.

"I'll cook you meals for three days" I made a proposition.

"Make it a week" he improvised. I held myself back from telling him off and only nodded.

"A week it is" I replied with a forced smile.

"Deal" he said, putting away the glass of water as he switched off the kitchen lights. He patted my shoulder as he walked past me, a sarcastic smile on his lips.

I shook my head in disbelief as I watched him leave. Without wasting any more time, I marched out of the house right away.

The night breeze today is unexpectedly warm. I hopped my way through the road, feeling so comfortable.

As I entered the cafe, Chanhee's face lit up with a smile. He immediately throw away the napkin he was holding to wipe off his equipments.

"Hey, girl friend. Same order today?" Chanhee asked as the went to stand behind the counter.

"Hm, I'm thinking of hot chocolate for today" I told him as he looked at me in amusement.

"Right away" he chuckled, turning away to grab one of the mugs on the shelves.

I threw my gaze inside the cafe and noticed Chris at our table. I frowned slightly.

"Oh, Chris is already here" I commented.

He would usually greet me if he got here first, but he seemed distracted today.

Chanhee lifted his head to look at Chris as well. He hummed, pouring the cocoa beans inside the mug.

"It's his anniversary with his girlfriend today" Chanhee stated as he glanced at me. I looked at him in shock.

"Really?" I questioned, not aware of the fact that Chris is dating someone. Chanhee hummed quietly.