Chapter Fifteen

Turns out the next place is an ice skating rink

Turns out the next place is an ice skating rink. It just opened last month so we haven't had the chance to visit the rink before. Chris said that he wanted to try it out with me.

We rented our skates and wasted no time in entering the rink. As someone who has never skated before, ice or no ice, I am struggling a lot.

Chris was laughing at me for not being able to keep a good posture while I'm on the ice. I glared at him from time to time, jealous since he is so good at skating.

"You're so bad at this" Chris laughed when I almost lost my balance. I scowled at him, making him laugh so much more.

He's enjoying this too much. Is my misery a happiness to him?

"Stop being so mean and teach me" I crossed my arms, well I tried. It's too hard to even raise my hand when I felt like falling all the time.

"Fine fine" Chris gave in as he approached me from behind. He placed his hands on my waist to keep me steady.

"Slightly bend your knees and push one of your feet behind, one at a time" he instructed, securing me so I won't fall.

I followed his instruction and was surprised that I can actually glide on the ice.

"There you go" Chris said from behind me. I can even hear his smile without seeing them.

"I can do it now!" I cheered, wanting to turn around to celebrate it with him, but then I lost my balance immediately after.

I reached for the closest thing for support but the thing fell down with me. A hard impact made a contact with my buttocks as I groaned in pain.

But the groan turned into laughter when I realised the thing was Chris. He rubbed his back, groaning.

"What are you laughing at?" he looked at me, almost angry, making me stop laughing.

We shared an eye contact for a split second before both of us bursted into full laughter. We must've look so dumb to other people right now.

"Come on, let's get back up" Chris said, getting up on his feet as he reached out his hand to me, voluteering to help me up.

I held onto his hand and got up from the ice. However, my body was pulled towards him from the force he had put in his hand. I fell into his arms, my guards off.

I was caught by surprise from how close our faces were, I can even feel his minty breath on me.

My heartbeat risen as I looked into his eyes. I gulped. The whole world around me was dark as I let myself drown in the stars he held in his eyes.

"Uh, I think we should take a break" Chris cleared his throat as he slowly stand me back on my feet. I nodded, suddenly feeling embarassed.

After a few minutes, we both decided to leave the rink and grab ourselves some drinks at a cafe nearby.