Chapter Nine

I sat on the corner of my bed quietly, looking out of the window in my room

I sat on the corner of my bed quietly, looking out of the window in my room. The curtain is halfway opened as the bright moon peeked through it.

"I love you, Y/N. Thank you for being with me" Jae's voice echoed in my head as I turned to look at him who is now asleep in my bed.

I'm sorry that I fall out of love first, Jae.. I wish I could say those words to him but I kept holding them back.

I'm afraid to actually lose him.

He had always been there for me, I felt bad just thinking of myself leaving him.

I shrugged off the train of thoughts in my head and grabbed my things to go out, and breathe in the fresh air. I need to relax my mind.

As the cafe appeared in front of me, I was confused because the lights were off. As I got closer, I noticed Chris sitting on the bench outside the cafe, playing with his phone.

"Chris? Is the cafe closed?" I asked him, peeking inside the dark building as if the red head would jump out any minute. Chris looked up from his phone, humming.

"Yeah. New just left a few minutes ago, something came up" he said, keeping his phone away as he replied to me. I almost sighed when I sat down beside him.

"Here's your coffee. New made it before he left" Chris handed me the cup. My eyes lit up as I quickly grab it from him.

"Thanks. Wait, were you waiting for me?" I asked him once everything clicked.

"Nah, just waiting for the ghosts to come out" he joked with a serious expression. I gave him a look.

"Funny, Chris" I commented as he bursted into laughter. I only smiled.

"I don't have your number to tell you the cafe's closed, and New's phone died so" Chris trailed off as I hummed.

"Sorry for making you wait" I told him as he shrugged.

"The sky's beautiful today so I'll let it slide" he replied with a small chuckle, forming a smile on my lips.

He leaned his back against the bench, crossing his arms in front of his chest. I did the same.

"So, you're just going home?" I asked him after a moment of silence. He hummed.

"You?" he returned my question. I nodded, humming.

"I got nowhere else to go except this cafe. The city is basically dead at night" I chuckled.

It was all silence again. Instead of getting up and leave, both of us seemed to enjoy each other's company.

"Random question, have you ever ride a bike before?" Chris turned to me. I chuckled.

It is indeed random.

"Well, I guess" I told him as his face lit up. He got up from the bench.

"Now, what would you think of some sightseeing around the city?" Chris asked with a cheeky smile as he stood beside a motorbike, which I believed to be his, and a helmet in his hand.