Chapter Five

"So you just, run away?" I asked Chris, holding my laughter

"So you just, run away?" I asked Chris, holding my laughter. He seemed offended by my statement as he defended himself.

"It's a bull, what'd you expect me to do? My hair was red at that time" he almost sulked. I couldn't hold my laughter much longer as I bursted out laughing out loud.

"Why would you even have a red hair" I laughed as he rolled his eyes playfully.

"Well, I thought it was cool that time" he shrugged with a deadpanned expression. I stopped laughing to look at him.

Is he serious or is he joking?

It wasn't long before both of us burst into luaghter. This is honestly the best laugh I've let out in such a long time.

I sighed in relief the moment we both calmed down from all the laughing throughout the night.

I've been hanging out with Chris for almost two weeks now. I realised that he is such a nice person. He's definitely humorous and that's what I find attractive in men.

As we both looked up at the night sky to enjoy the scenery, I turned to look at him. To be honest, he is drop-dead gorgeous.

Even his side profile is tantalising. He looked ethereal, even glowing, as his milky white skin reflected the moon. His nose is pointy, and his lips look so plump.

I also noticed the piercings he has on his earlobe, decorated by the piece of jewellery. He's got some broad shoulders too, I wonder what his hugs feel like-

"Alright, here's your coffee, ma'am, sir" Chanhee playfully joked as he placed the tray filled with three mugs of coffee on the table.

I reached out for one of the mug, which unexpectedly caught Chris' attention too since he grabbed the same mug. The moment our hands touched, a wave of electricity attacked my body. Goosebumps could be felt all over my body as a ringing sound blocked my ear.

A man came into my vision, he is holding onto my hand, tight.

"Let me go, Chan. I'm done arguing with you!" I was screaming at him, tears falling down my cheeks without stopping.

"I'm sorry that I yelled at you but I was worried" the man begged. I can't clearly see his face even when I tried hard to do so.

The piece of memory seemed to fast forward to the part where I crossed the road to run away from him, but soon stopped when a blinding white lights came towards my direction.

I felt like the world is in slow-motion when a hard metal hit my body. The pain was unbearable, yet nothing left my lips as I felt myself flew away from the impact.

The hot concrete road felt nothing compared to the burning of my body. Droplets of tears streamed down my face before my vision started to get blurry.

"Liv!" was the last thing I heard before everything turned pitch black.

"-listening to me? Y/N? Are you okay?" I snapped back to reality as I stared into the brown eyes of Chris.

I blinked, looking at his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" he asked me again.

I am still in a daze. It was a memory recall, and I know it is. I haven't gotten them for more than a year. Why is it coming back now?

"Yeah, got distracted for a bit" I forced a smile on my face as I grabbed the mug in front of me, gulping the drink down as well as the lump in my throat.

"You freaked me out for a moment. I actually thought I was about to witness a K-Drama moment earlier" Chanhee joked, laughing. I looked at him warningly.

"Right, right. Sorry, miss taken" Chanhee apologised, raising both hands in surrender.

"Taken?" Chris butted in.

"Yeah, she has a boyfriend already. Sorry to disappoint you" Chanhee replied to Chris before laughing out loud. He really enjoy playing around, doesn't he?

Chris only laughed it off.

•••

I know I screw up when I saw Jae pacing back and forth when I got back home from the cafe.

"Why were you out? Where were you?" Jae quickly approached me once I shut the front door close.

I'm glad I decided to turn off my phone, or he would actually find me at the cafe and forbid me to go there ever again.

"I just need some fresh air" I answered with a smile of reassurance.

"You're injured, babe. It's dangerous outside" he grabbed my hand when I started to walk away.

"I'm fine now, Jae" I let out a small sigh. I was such in a good mood when I left the cafe earlier, I am clearly not picking a fight with anyone this fast.

"Besides, I'm one of the mafia. I can protect myself" I added, pulling my hand away from his strong grip.

"Because you're a mafia, it's dangerous. Anyone can hunt you down in no time" he raised his tone at me.

"Jae, please. I want to sleep" I almost begged him to drop the topic.

"Stop running away from all the problems you did" he retorted. I was irritated by the way he's talking to me.

"Oh, like how you run away whenever I ask about my parents?" I spat.

I took time procesing the memory I recalled earlier. If it is not a confabulation, there's definitely something that Jae has been hiding from me.

"Why are you suddenly bringing them up? I told you everything I know" he defended himself, just like he always does.

I got into an accident with them. I was saved because the impact was weaker since I sat at the back. They were unconcious while I was in coma. They wouldn't last a day until they both passed away. That's what he had always told me.

But then, from the memory recall earlier, I was hit by a car, by myself. Did I happened to have another accident before the actual accidents with my parents?

That's just messed up.

"Look, I'm sorry for being mad at you. I'm just worried. You know that I love you" Jae grabbed my hands to make me look at him.

"I'm sorry" he repeated, looking at me with doe-eyes. I sighed, nodding.

The argument need to end one way another. I'm tired. My head is pounding.

"I'm going to sleep" I gave an excuse to Jae before leaving to my room.

I'm glad that he didn't follow me since I need to clear out my mind. Him, being there, won't help me a bit.

{End of Chapter 5}
Okay here's the first 5 chapters of the rewritten version! I'm sorry that I had to stop here for today.

The funny thing is that I just had a brilliant idea like two days ago, and I am currently editing the last few chapters with the new idea. It will take awhile and I don't want to make you guys wait much longer so I've decided to publish 5 chapters daily until the book finishes. I hope you don't mind.

Thanks for reading, I love you!