Chapter Ten

I walked towards the kitchen and pour myself some juice

I walked towards the kitchen and pour myself some juice. I gulped down the liquid as my mind traveled to the event from a few days ago.

"Is it bad if I say that I don't love him?" I asked Chris after taking a deep breath. Chris' face changed almost immediately.

"Wha-How could you say that?" he looked at me in disbelief.

"I just, I don't know. I don't feel the sparks that I'm supposed to anymore" I confessed, avoiding his eyes once again.

"I actually thought that I'm in love with him, but as time passes, I realised that I'm just used to have him close to me. There wasn't a day went by without him saying that he loves me. And how he cared and took care of me messed up with my mind and make me believe that I love him too" I told him my bottled feelings. I've been holding those words to myself for too long.

"Don't get me wrong. After everything he had done for me, I want to love him too. It's just, I can't" I turned to him.

"I understand" he replied shortly.

He probably don't believe me and thinks that I'm dating my boyfriend for fun.

"There aren't much I can say except, you can't force love. Even if you force it, you won't be happy" he started. I was caught by surprise when he actually tried to give his opinion in my problem.

"I'm in no place to say this, but if I were him, I want to know that. It will be too painful if you wait much longer. Days would past with him thinking that you love him, and that could make his love grow bigger, when in reality, you're.." he trailed off.

"But I felt bad. He has been nothing but good to me" I told him with a small sigh, turning away.

After waking up from my coma with amnesia, I can't remember a single thing about him. My memories of him were totally wiped. Yet, he stayed. He helped me regain and even create new memories for me to remember him with. He did a lot of things for me just so I could feel like my old self again.

"Y/N" he called, placing a hand my on shoulder to make me look at him.

"It is going to hurt to let go, but it's what your heart wants, right? You won't be able to be free if you keep yourself tied in this one-sided relationship" he looked into my eyes to convince me.

Is this the same guy that gave me looks just now?

"Time heals everything. It will hurt at first, but both of you will start to accept it as time passes" Chris added. I was so lost in his eyes.

"Will he be okay with it?" I asked him in hesitation. He shrugged, pulling his hand away from my shoulder.

"Heck no. But he can't hold you back if you don't love him anymore. It will just give him greater pain if he forces you to stay" Chris explained.

"What are you thinking about?" Jae's voice echoed in my head as a hand sneaked its way around my waist. I moved away in reflex, snapping back to reality.

His hand that was on my waist paused in the air as he looked at me worriedly.

"What's wrong?" Jae asked as I relaxed my body.

"Sorry, I was shocked" I told him before turning around to put my glass in the sink.

He seemed to be offended of my actions. I quickly reached out for his hand, feeling bad.

"I was thinking about something and didn't notice you coming. I'm sorry, Jae" I told him as he nodded.

"It's fine, things happen" he said with a small smile.

"What are you both still doing here? There's an invasion in our east branch. Sungjin told us all to get ready" Wonpil was running towards us in panic.

I started to freak out as we all went to get changed and head to the van.

"Have you found out which team invaded our branch?" Sungjin asked Wonpil calmly.

"Almost. They broke most of our CCTV and none of our men responded to us yet" Wonpil was typing onto the keyboard when Sungjin asked him.

Despite of the critical situation, Wonpil looked so calm while everyone kept quiet to give him space to work. His fingers that was typing om the keyboard paused as he turned to the leader in pure shock.

"It's Stray Kids" the words left Wonpil's lips as he looked at Sungjin. Sungjin was caught by surprise, heck, everyone is.

It's the charity team!

"Fuck, did they figured it out?" Sungjin rushed to look at the monitor.

"They probably caught me when I tried to access their data the other day" Wonpil grunted, typing onto the keyboard harshly.

"What is happening?" I asked the team, confused as to why everyone seemed so overly stressed.

It's not the first time someone attacked our branch.

"We planned on taking them down but somehow, they found us first" Jae calmly replied. I was about to ask more but Wonpil cut me off.

"They're leaving!" Wonpil announced, Jae quickly ran to his side.

"Shit. Brian how much longer until we get there?" Sungjin threw the question at Brian, who is driving the van.

"5 minutes, max" Brian answered without glancing at Sungjin in the back.

"What's the plan?" Jae asked Sungjin.

"We'll let them go" Sungjin answered after giving it a thought.

"What? We can't let them go, they're so close!" Jae argued.

"We can't stop them, Jae. A lot of our men died. Also, it would be too late when we got there" Sungjin stressed out as Jae grunted, walking away from Sungjin.

"Are there any reports back from our men? What did they take?" Sungjin brought his focus back to Wonpil.

"They didn't take anything" Wonpil replied, leaving everyone is confusion.

"It's a warning" Dowoon finally speak up. We all turned to him.

"They know we're trying to get them so they attacked us as a warning" Dowoon explained his words from earlier.

"You're right" Sungjin replied shortly.

"Fuck them" I heard Jae mumbled under his breath. I slowly reached for his shoulder, massaging them slowly to calm him down.

There are a lots of question in my head but I decided to shake them off since the atmosphere is so tense.

{End of Chapter 10}
Don't attack me with the charity. It is a joke okay😭