Chapter Twenty Two

"Where were you?" Jae threw the question st me the second I got in my room

"Where were you?" Jae threw the question st me the second I got in my room. I smiled, closing the door behind me.

"I went to the movies. You should watch it, it was so good! I even-" I told him in excitement, runnin towards the bed to tell him.

"With Wonpil?" he cut me off. I was flustered since he didn't even care about what I did.

"Yeah" I told him, the smile on my lips slowly dropped. Jae rolled his eyes, getting up from my bed. He walked to me.

"Haven't I made it clear before? I told you to stop hanging out with him" he raised his tone slightly.

"Why can't I?" I asked him, feeling unfair.

"I don't need to reason. You follow what I say" he said sternly. I looked at him im disbelief.

"I just want to have some fun. You're always in a meeting, and I'm bored" I told him, getting frustrated.

"I don't care! Just fucking stay in your room and don't be friends with them, especially him" Jae yelled at me. I stepped back in disbelief.

"Are you being insecure? You think that I would go to him?" I asked him, suddenly felt like everything made sense.

"I am not insecure" he denied harshly.

"Really? But it seems that way to me" I stated sassily.

"I'm so tired of fightings with you, I might as well actually go to him-" my sentences were once again cut off.

But this time, his action left me in shook. He swung his hang across my face, my head being thrown to the side.

I was quiet when I touched my cheeks. It felt so painful to the point it turned numb. I looked at him in disbelief.

He seemed taken aback by his own action. Fears flashed in his eyes as he quickly approached me. I took steps back in reflex.

"Don't" I warned him, tears threatening to fall down my cheeks.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I just-" he grabbed my free hand, looking at me apologetically.

"No. Leave" I told him, yanking my hand away from his grasp.

It might be my fault and I went too far, but I could never expect him to throw his hand on me.

"I'm so sorry, babe. I'm just worried that you would-" he tried to pull my hand again but I pulled away.

"Jae, please. Leave" I told him, tears falling down my cheeks. I tried to glare at him but I felt so weak under his gaze.

He finally gave up and left to the door.

"I just want you to know that I love you" he said, his hand on the doorknob.

"I care for you" he said, turning to look at me.

I turned away from him, not wanting to hear anything else. It just made me feel a lot more frustrated than earlier.