Chapter Thirty Eight

• Y/N's Point of View •

My body felt like floating in the air when I cracked my eyes open. My vision isn't completely clear but I know that I'm in a moving car.

I turned to the driver seat beside me, trying to get a picture of the person who's driving.

"Wonpil?" I called his name. His quiet humming immediately stopped as he took a quick glance at me.

"Oh, you're awake?" he commented as I hummed, getting up to sit more properly on the seat.

I looked out of the window, examining the quiet night road. There's no cars around as the road is empty.

"What happened?" I asked him the moment it crossed my mind that I fainted in my room earlier.

Jae injected me, twice.

"I saw what Jae had done to you, I can't take it anymore so I sneaked you out of the house" Wonpil answered while taking a short glance at me.

"Thank you, Wonpil" I thanked him, feeling grateful to have a nice friend like him. He hummed.

"But where are we going?" I asked him as I threw my gaze out of the window.

"My safe house" he replied shortly.

"You have a safe house?" I asked him in awe as he nodded.

"We need to stay there for the time being. You don't need to worry for Jae to ever find you, the house is secured by my men. He won't be able to get in" Wonpil replied as I hummed.

"Um, Wonpil. Can I meet someone before we go there?" I asked him, thinking of Chan.

I want to meet him again, I missed him. And maybe he could help protect me from Jae.

"It's only two minutes before we arrives" Wonpil replied instead. I was then caught by surprise when he is indeed telling me the truth.

A building appeared in my sight. It's almost like a mansion, ancient looking but it's beautiful.

"It's actually my family's asset. My parents gave it to me and my brother" Wonpil commented as we got out of the car.

"You have a brother?" I asked him in confusion since he never talked about his brother before.

"I do" he said with a soft smile and led me inside the house.

He was quiet when he took me to God knows where. As much as I trust him, I started to feel uneasy when he led me towards a lift which took us to the underground.

Especially from the look those guards gave me.

"Uh, why are we going down?" I asked him, just a few seconds before the lift doors open. It revealed such a dark place. There's no source of light except from the lift.

He got out of the lift, mentioning me to follow him. I was hesitating. In the end, I stepped out of the lift and followed him into the darkness.

"Uh, Wonpil?" I slowed down my movements when he's out of my sight. The place is so dark that I can barely see anything.

No replies.

My mind is telling me to run away but my feet are glued to the ground. There's no way he's taking me here for any good intentions.

I need to leave.

Before I could react, my body were held down firmly by two pairs of hands. I screamed, pushing the hands off me.

My attack doesn't seem to affect them as they grabbed me further into the space. I was forced to sit on a chair as I felt rope being wrapped all over me.

"Get your hands off me!" I screamed, wiggling my body to make it harder for them to tie me. This action had made one of them smack me in the stomach. I grunted as they finished tying me up.

"Shh shh. Let's not make noises now, shall we?" Wonpil's voice echoed in the space. It wasn't long until bright lights blinded my eyes. The whole space finally turned bright.

I adjusted to the lights and looked at Wonpil who is making his way towards me with a smug look on his face.

"What is this?" I questioned him in disbelief as the men moved away from me.

"A little revenge?" he stated, more to questioning me as a mischievous smile appeared on his lips.

"Revenge?" I questioned in confusion. What have I done to him?

Why couldn't I remember anything?

"Once you're gone, my life will goes back to how it was.. I should've done this sooner" he giggled.

My stomach sank. He's going to kill me.

"Why are you doing this? What did I do wrong?" I asked him, trying my best to sound confident.

"You stole what's mine" he shrugged. I frowned.

"Tape her" Wonpil said to the men as one of them pulled out a black tape and taped my mouth shut.

There's no point of fighting back. I can't give him the satisfaction he wanted.

Wonpil turned away from me and pulled out his phone. He called someone, but I couldn't figure out who.

"Or what? You're lucky I haven't hurt her..yet" Wonpil turned to look at me as he laughed.

I started to get goosebumps. I never think that he would hurt me, he was so good to me all this time. I even think of him as a close friend of mine.

"Meet me at the mansion. Better hurry up before I expose everything to her" Wonpil said to the phone coldly, glancing at me. Suddenly, a hysterical laugh left his mouth. He ended the call shortly after.

I looked at him as if he had grown two heads. This is not the Wonpil I know.

"Stop glaring or I'll fucking poke your eyes out" Wonpil said as he approached me once again.

I gulped, trying to look confident in front of him but lost the moment I avoided his eyes.

"I can't believe this is who you actually are" I muttered as I looked away. He snickered.

"You can't always believe what you see, Olivia" he stated. He mentioned one of the man to grab a chair for him and sat right across from me.

Oh, now we're having a tea talk?

He crossed his legs, looking at me with so much authority.

"You're not even aware of the danger in front of you. You even followed me here yourself" he smiled cheekily but it looked so irritating.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Is this why you got close to me, throughout two years we've been friends?" I questioned as he smiled.

"Actually, I want to treat you bad, so bad that you would leave the team. But then, there's nothing more painful that being betrayed by someone you trust, right?" he giggled.

"You have no one now, Olivia. Even the parents that you thought loved you, sold you off to some mafia" he stated proudly.

"They did not sold me off" I glared at him.

"Really?" he smiled mischievously.

{End of Chapter 38}