Chapter Thirty Six

My heart dropped the second I laid my eyes on him

My heart dropped the second I laid my eyes on him. I gritted teeth, trying to control my anger.

I let myself in our meeting room as others entered after me. I don't even bother taking a seat.

"Why are you here?" I asked him, straight off the bat. He looked at me with such a concerned look.

"Chan, I need your team's support" he replied, getting up from his seat. I looked at him in disbelief.

"You betrayed me and cut me off out of your life, and now you came back out of nowhere to ask for my help?" I asked him with a scoff.

The audacity.

"I know you're mad at me for joining Jaehyung's team but I did it to help you" he tried to defend himself.

"You joined our enemy's side, to protect me?" my tone were slightly raised as I felt like he's trying to irritate me.

"Please trust me! I wanted to get inside informations for you" he tried to convince me. But then, there's no proof to prove him telling the truth.

"It's okay if you hate me but please trust me with this" he added, practically begging. I was quiet, giving him a chance to continue.

"Olivia didn't actually die. She woke up from her coma with an amnesia. That time, she didn't remember anything, even her parents. Jaehyung took the chance to lie to everyone about her death. He changed her face, name and even convinced her that she is someone else" Dowoon explained quickly.

"And you've known her for awhile now, Chan. Y/N, she's your Olivia" Dowoon added.

My heart dropped at the mention of my past lover's name.

There's no way it is the truth. She was gone. I saw her being taken away.

Soon, the call I received from Y/N earlier came back to me. They're talking about the same thing. Are they trying to fool me?

"You can't fool me, Dowoon. She's dead. We all know she's already dead!" I yelled at him, feeling frustrated.

"He's not lying" Minho butted in. I turned to him who is now walking towards me with a surprised look.

He handed me a file.

"I did a DNA test on Y/N and Olivia" he stated. I examined his expression closely. My heartbeat was racing the moment I flipped over the pages of the file.

100% identical.

"There's no way" I muttered, feeling my whole world spinning. Slowly, the flashbacks of odd things that happened came back, putting each pieces together.

"She never died, Chan. She was hidden" Dowoon added, looking so desperate.

"Wait, when did you even do this?" Seungmin asked in amusement as he peeked at the file in my hand.

"I got some uneasy feelings about Y/N so I told Changbin to lend his jacket to her the other day so I took her hair to get their DNA tested. Turns out, I was right" Minho explained with a shrug.

"So it's true, Y/N is your Olivia" Minho added, looking at me convincingly.

"Why'd you never told me this before? Why, after two years?" I asked Dowoon, feeling so betrayed.

He had access to her all this time, but he never told me.

I really thought I had lost her forever.

"It was hard. She couldn't even remember any of us and, you wouldn't talk to me too" Dowoon started.

"But she remembered everything now, and you need to save her" he said sternly.

"What happened to her?" I asked him, reminded by her pleading for help earlier.

"Jae has been injecting her with drugs to keep her unconscious. But she's with Wonpil now. Wonpil took her away to distract Jae while I come to you. We need to create another plan to stop Jae and keep her safe" Dowoon explained.

I felt a lot calmer now, knowing that she's in a safe hand.

"Where's Wonpil taking her?" I asked him instead.

"That's what I want to ask you. We need a secretive place for her. Jae know every single safe house we own" Dowoon complained.

I gave it a thought before a place popped in my mind.

"Tell Wonpil to bring her here, I'll take her to my condo" I told Dowoon as his eyes lit up.

"Right away" he said, pulling out his phone from his pocket as he walked slightly away from the team.

"Call everyone to come here, we need a plan" I told Han as he nodded, leaving the meeting room quickly.

"Jae might track her here so we need to get her out of here as soon as she arrives" I told Minho as he hummed.

"Chan, what's going on?" Changbin questioned as all the boys entered the meeting room.

"We have a new mission. We need to get Olivia safe" I told them with a nervous smile. They frowned.

"But she's dea-" Felix's words were cut off by Han who had cupped his lips.

{End of Chapter 36}