Chapter Twenty

I was holding myself down for so long but I can't take it anymore

I was holding myself down for so long but I can't take it anymore. My curiousity is killing me.

I quickly left my room and head towards Wonpil's room. I knocked on his door and called his name, waiting for him to answer the door.

"Yeah?" I heard him replying from behind the door as he unlocked his door and opened them.

"Hi, Won. Are you busy?" I greeted him as he looked at me with a small smile.

"I'm just doing some research. Is there anything wrong?" Wonpil asked, pushing the door open to let me in.

"Um, I kinda need your help on something" I said as he closed the door behind him after I got in.

"What kind of help do you need me for?" he asked as we walked further in his room, towards his three monitors.

Like he said, he is indeed doing some reseach.

"I need to find someone, is it possible?" I asked him when he pulled a chair for me to sit. He raised eyebrow at me, sitting on his own chair by the computers.

"Depends on who it is" he shrugged. I nodded.

"Who is it?" Wonpil repeated his last words, questioning me after a moment of silence. I looked at him, feeling tensed.

"Uh, it's just someone's acquainted with Yena. I want to make sure he's safe before-you know" I tried to make up an excuse as Wonpil hummed.

"I will need a name" Wonpil said, facing his computers as he pulled his chair towards his table with his feet.

"Um, Chris" I was hesitating to say the name out loud, kind of scared about the results that I'm about to face. Instead, Wonpil looked at me questioningly.

"Just Chris? His middle name? Or at least his last name?" Wonpil asked as I started to realise.

I never know his last name.

"I'm not sure, but he's from around this state" I tried to provide the only information I know. Wonpil sighed.

"There's a lot of Chris in this state, Y/N. It will take a long time before we can actually find him" Wonpil said as he turned around and typed on his keyboards.

"I can find at least 200 Chris here. Do you, at least, know his face?" Wonpil asked without turning to look at me. I hummed.

"I know his face" I replied as Wonpil nodded, moving slightly to the side to let me look at his screen.

"You can try checking their profile one by one" Wonpil said as I was speechless for the amount of Chris we have in this state alone.

"Are there any uncommon features on him?" Wonpil asked, trying to minimize the group of people.

"Uh, I think he's mixed. From somewhere in the western country" I told him as he hummed, typing in his keyboards once again.

In a second, the screen refreshed as faces appeared instead of just names. Everyone appeared on the screen are those with mixed races.

"This will take much shorter, I can send them to you if you want" Wonpil turned to me as I nodded.

"Thank you so much, Won" I thanked him with a smile as he hummed. I got up from the chair, ready to leave when I stopped myself to ask the question I've been meaning to ask.

"Um, one last question" I paused my movements. Wonpil looked at me in anticipation.

"How do you know if someone is a mafia?" I asked him calmly. He was caught by surprise, but played it cool.

"The most obvious thing is probably the people they associate with" Wonpil replied calmly as I hummed.

He does know the casino owner..

"Other than that?" I asked him again, desperate for other clues. Wonpil hummed, thinking.

"It's hard for me to say, every mafia got their own ways of hiding their real identity. They could even be someone you never expect them to be" Wonpil answered with a shrug, convincing me much more.

Even I hide my identity as a mafia from him, he could always do the same. But is he really? He seems too kind to be one.

"Are you suspecting him?" Wonpil asked, mentioning the unfamiliar faces on his computer screen. I nodded, also looking at the faces.

"I'll send you the files later, hope you can find your answer" Wonpil told me instead.

"Thank you for helping me, Won" I told him with a sincere smile as he hummed.

"Um, right. Can you please keep this a secret from others? Especially Jae, I don't want him to worry" I pleaded Wonpil. Well, mainly because I know Jae would butt in.

Besides, I'm still not talking to him after he hurt me the other day. It's good since I wanted to avoid his questions as well.

"Sure. You know I'm good at keeping secrets" Wonpil let out a small chuckle as I smiled.

"Thank you" I told him as he nodded his head. I turned my heels, ready to leave he room. As I turned the doorknob, I was shocked to see Jae standing a few door away from Wonpil's.

I gulped, steadily making my way out of his room and walked towards mine. This doesn't go unnoticed by Jae since he approached me with a frown.

"What were you doing in Wonpil's room?" he inspected me.

"Nothing, we were just chatting" I told him, making my way back to my room as he followed me.

"In his room?" Jae asked, his tone sounded so judgeful to me. It felt like he's challenging me.

"Yeah, can't we?" I asked him instead. He was glaring at me.

"Don't go into a man's room. You have a boyfriend" he stated coldly.

"Wonpil is just a friend, you know that" I told him, trying to ease down my building up anger but he's not digging it.

"Friend or not, he's still a man and you can't be too close to him" Jae said as I sighed, already tired of picking fights with him.

"You brought me here, to live with men, and expect me not to be close with them?" I asked him in slight annoyance.

"What part of 'you have a boyfriend' you don't understand? Don't stay close to them. They are my teammates, but I don't trust them to get close to you" Jae said in anger as he looked at me sternly.

"Don't talk to Wonpil in private again or go in his room. Just meet him at the living room, with me" he said before leaving me alone at the hallway.

I took in a deep breath, feeling so frustrated at him, yet I can do nothing. Tears start to well up in my eyes and fell down my cheeks by the time I entered my room.

{End of Chapter 20}
Thanks for reading everyone!