ix.

"Uhm," Harry spoke, him, the Weasleys and Hermione stumbling across Leo sleeping on one of the common room couches. Hermione awkwardly looked to Harry, the boy gulping as he slowly walked up to Leo's form, the boy in a deep sleep. Harry tapped Leo's shoulder, the boy groaning in discomfort as Hermione pulled Harry back. "What did you do?" Hermione asked harshly, Ginny keeping her eyes on Leo as Harry defended himself. "I tapped him! Nothing else!" Harry harshly whispered back, the group jumping when Leo's groans got louder, the boy shifting around in order to get comfortable. 'Mummy loves you so much, my gem! Mummy loves you-' The voice distorted into a deep voice, Leo groaning louder as George looked to him in concern.

'Mummy lo-' Leo shot up at this, the group jumping before Hermione slowly walked forward, the boy shaking and staring at nothing. "Leo..." The girl softly called not to startle the boy, Leo looking towards them before is eyes went wide. "Are you alright?" Ron asked, Leo looking down before nodding. "Yeah! Bad dream, that's all." Leo made up an excuse, Harry and Ron being gullible and nodding, Hermione not convinced. "So, we came to see if you wanted to put your name on here?" Ginny asked, walking forward with a parchment piece, Leo's head tilting. "What's it for?" He asked, Hermione stepping forward. "The teaching thing, you know." She spoke, Leo shaking his head. "Nope." He spoke, Ron's face scrunching up. "Why not?" He asked, Leo sitting up comfortably.

"Two reasons. One: No offense Harry, but I don't really need teaching so there's no point and Two: None of them like me like they like Harry." Leo spoke, Harry sighing. "I know Umbridge is trying to make you look dangerous, but this could be your chance to show them you're not." Harry spoke, Leo rolling his eyes as he rested his chin on the couch. "I don't really care about what people think about me anymore, Harry." Leo spoke tiredly, Ginny tilting her head. "What's that supposed to mean?" She asked, everyone nodding in agreement at the girl's question. "Well," Leo spoke, standing up and leaning on the back of the couch with his arms crossed. "If people think I'm an evil wizard, then, I don't care. Maybe I could become an evil wizard."

Everyone gasped at the boy's words, Hermione stepping forward. "You don't mean that." She told Leo, the boy shrugging. "What I'm saying is, I'd rather people believe I'm an evil wizard then run around like an attention seeker trying to prove I'm not." Leo spoke, looking towards Harry as his face dropped. "Fine! Don't sign up then. Sit here all mopey and maybe become an evil wizard whilst you're at it!" Everyone jumped at Harry's sudden outburst, the boy storming up to Leo as the boy looked unfazed. "I have a detention with Umbridge." Leo spoke, shoving past Harry as he slammed the painting door shut behind him, everyone staying silent as they heard the Fat Lady shout at the boy.

----------=----------

"I thought you were going to be late, Mr Black." Umbridge spoke, Leo shaking his head as he sat down in his normal seat in the woman's office. "I would never be late, Professor." The boy spoke, Umbridge nodding before the door opened again, Leo looking back to see McGonagall walking in. The boy's eyebrows scrunched up as McGonagall walked to a seat away from Leo without a word, pulling out a quill and notebook. "Great thanks for your participation, Professor." Umbridge spoke, McGonagall nodding as she looked like she didn't want to be here. "Why is Professor McGonagall here, may I ask?" Leo spoke, Umbridge nodding. "Minerva, here, is watching out for me." She answered, making tea for the two Professors. "Looking out for you?" Leo asked confused, McGonagall looking down.

"She, or any other Professor, will be here when you have the rest of your detentions, just to check if you don't attack me like you did last time." Leo's face dropped as Umbridge spoke, looking at McGonagall. "I didn't attack you last time. Professor." Leo spoke stiffly, Umbridge looking to McGonagall as she wrote something down, looking up at Leo with sympathy. "What are you writing?" Leo asked quickly, Umbridge shaking her head. "Nothing of your concern, Mr Black." Umbridge spoke, Leo glaring at her when she passed the tea to McGonagall, the latter writing another thing down. "If it's about me, Professor, I'm sure it's my concern." Leo spoke, his head whipping to McGonagall when she wrote something down again. Before Leo got up and tried to look, Umbridge was quick to hold her wand out.