xii.

Molly walked into the Dining room table the next morning with three times the amount of food for extra guests. The Order, well, who didn't work at Hogwarts', stayed the night to be sure Leo was okay. George and Fred were there too, the former very concerned as it was now his brother's job to keep his stress levels down. "Are they awake yet?" Tonks asked as Remus walked into the Dining room, shaking his head. After Leo had come back and Sirius had comforted him, there was no sounds except snoring from the room. Remus went up to check earlier, smiling softly when he saw them. "I'm afraid they're still sound asleep." Remus grinned slightly, George's leg bouncing rapidly. "What did Leo's face look like?" Fred asked, noticing his brother's panic as Remus sighed. "He still looks the same, sorry." Remus spoke sitting down as Fred sighed, rubbing George's shoulder.

Molly gave her two sons a sad smile before setting the food down, watching as Fred gave George food. Upstairs, Sirius woke up groggily at the sound of Kreacher dropping a broom outside the door. The man looked down to see Leo still on his chest, the boy shivering still. Sirius sighed sadly, biting the inside of his cheek to keep tears in as he pulled the covers over the boy fully so only his head was exposed, rubbing the boy's arms over the fabric. Leo seemed to be in a deep sleep, giving Sirius the chance to get up as he stretched, looking back to see Leo turning messily. Sirius smiled as he made the covers cover everything but Leo's face, rolling his son up into some sort of sausage roll. "Son?" Sirius asked, confused at how Leo hadn't woken from all that shuffling. "Leo!" Sirius started to panic, sitting on the bed ahead of his son. Sirius continued to shake the boy before he heard groaning, sighing in relief and leaning back.

"What..." Leo trailed off, muffled by the sheets as Sirius kept a hand on his chest, taking deep breathes with a grin. "Just waking you up." Sirius smiled, getting back up as he crouched to where his son's head was laid. "Want something to eat, Padfoot Jr?" The man asked, Leo sighing before he nodded, gulping as his face contorted at the taste of sick in his throat still. "Stay here then." Sirius quickly jogged out of the room and down the stairs, Leo smiling slightly. Leo stretched out all of his tense limbs, wincing when he bent his back a certain way as it cracked a lot. The boy slowly got up, feeling his arms weak as they shook beneath him. He heard the muffled conversations increase, presumably about him. Leo swallowed again, gagging as he leant back against his headboard, sighing. He sat in silence as he waited for his Father, watching as his Uncle's jacket swayed every few seconds.

"I'm back!" Leo jumped when his Father walked into the room with two plates, one each. "Sorry, son." Sirius muttered after his demeanour faltered at Leo's startled state. "It's fine." Leo muttered, Sirius smiling sadly before sitting down next to Leo, getting comfy. "I just got what I saw you get all the time." Sirius told Leo, the boy nodding as he was quick to tuck in. "Easy! Don't want to throw up again, do we?" Sirius rubbed Leo's head as he bit into his own slice of bacon, Leo looking up with cheeks full of sausages. "Hm?" Was all Leo could get out, Sirius chuckling. "I see that the lion's hungry." The man spoke, Leo nodding quickly. "How has the Animagus thing been going for you anyway?" Sirius asked, trying to make conversation as Leo looked up puzzled, swallowing his food. "I've actually not had the time to change since third year with Remus." Leo spoke weakly, Sirius tilting his head.

"I thought you'd be changing all the time?" Sirius asked, Leo shaking his head slowly. "With the War and everything else, I didn't really think about it. I kind of forgot if I'm being honest." Leo spoke, the food making him feel somewhat better for today. "Hm," Sirius hummed in surprise, the two eating in silence before Leo finished, his Father still eating. "You know the Weasley Twins are here." Sirius spoke, Leo's eyebrows raised in surprise. "Why?" Leo asked, Sirius looking up at his son as if he were stupid, which he was right now. "You, obviously!" Sirius exclaimed, Leo looking down as he let out a tiny chuckle. "One of them seems interested in you..." Leo looked back up to meet the weird look on his Father's face. "George?" Leo asked, Sirius' face dropping as a large smile took over. "Oh my Merlin! You like him too!" Sirius wiggled in his seat excitedly, Leo's face scrunching up as his small smile never left his face.