iii.

Harry stepped out first, everyone gasping as Leo stayed in his spot. "It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a bit of a security problem, Headmaster." Harry spoke, Snape scowling. "Where's Leonardo?" He growled, Leo skipping out and resting his elbow on Harry's shoulder, grinning. "Right here." He spoke, the students gasping more as Leo clicked. "We come with these lot." Leo grinned, pointing to the door just as the Order walked through, Leo kind of shocked how he got that right. Making eye contact with George, the two shared a quick smile before Howard did a small thumbs up, scared himself. Leo nodded to him before he felt McGonagall move in front of him, seeing both Professors with their wands out. Leo was quick to usher the students to the walls of the hall, creating a shield over them as red sparkled, them mesmerised.

McGonagall was the first to shoot a spell at Snape, the man deflecting it as McGonagall didn't stand down, shooting a lot of spells. Leo stepped forward when he saw the Carrows getting their wands out, McGonagall backing Snape to the end of the room. Leo blinked, his eyes going red as the sister shot a spell towards McGonagall, Leo reflecting it to the girl and knocking her out. Many students watched amazed as Leo conjured an energy ball, soon shooting it at the brother and knocking him back. Leo looked back to Snape when he flew out the window, McGonagall yelling that he was a coward. She then looked towards Leo, the boy letting down the shields he put up. The students held onto each other in delight, cheering as McGonagall nodded to Leo, the two lighting the Great Hall flames. Some of them glowed bright red as the rest were normal, everyone cheering as Howard smiled at Leo, still shocked though.

Harry moved next to Leo, the two taking their robes off as they smiled at the happy students. Leo looked to Harry when he fell down, McGonagall doing the same. "Potter?" She asked, Leo kneeling next to him as the room darkened again, everyone going silent. A storm appeared atop the ceiling before a girl started to scream, Leo looking towards her as Harry rushed to her. Before another girl started screaming, Leo moving to Harry quickly. "I know that many of you will want to fight." Leo stopped at the voice that flew through everyone's heads, them wincing. "Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. Only Leonardo will fight tonight. To the death." Voldemort dragged the last word, Leo holding his ears in pain, his lion form not used to high pitched sounds. "Give me Leonardo Gryffindor and Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me them and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me them both and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

Leo and Harry looked to one another when the lights brightened, Harry worried for Leo as was Leo for Harry. Everyone looked to them as they looked to one another, Leo gulping. "What are you waiting for? Someone grab them." Pansy spoke, George moving next to Leo almost immediately and pulling him behind him slightly, glaring at the Slytherin. Ginny moved next to Harry afterwards, the rest of the Order gradually joining. "Students out of bed!" Everyone looked to the door, Filch doing his silly run. "Students out of bed! Students in the corridor-" "They're supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot!" McGonagall interrupted, everyone staring at Filch awkwardly. "Sorry ma'am." He apologised embarrassed, McGonagall shrugging him off. "As it happens, Mr Filch, you're arrival is most opportune." Leo watched McGonagall walk up to them. "If you would, I would like you, please, to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin house from the Hall." Leo looked up to George, confused.

"Exactly where is it I'll be leading them, Ma'am?" Filch asked, George smiling down at George. "The dungeons will do." She spoke, the students cheering as the Slytherins left with Filch. Harry walked to McGonagall, Leo following. "...What is it you need?" McGonagall asked, Leo smiling at students that walked by. "Time, Professor, as much as you can give us." Harry proposed to her, McGonagall nodding. "Do what you have to do. Leo, if you would come with me to secure the castle." She offered, Leo nodding quickly. "Of course." He spoke, Harry nodding and walking away before McGonagall called for him. "It's good to see you." She spoke, Harry smiling and nodding to her before speeding away. Leo followed McGonagall as the two sped through the crowd, the Order and some students following. "You're badass!" Howard spoke once he got up to Leo, McGonagall looking to him curiously.