i.

"Come on, love. Time to go home." Leo looked up from his seat on the swing to a family on the roundabout. He smiled at them before looking back to Harry, the boy reading the Newspaper on the swing next to him. "Why did we come here?" Leo asked, Harry shrugging only as an answer, Leo sighing before looking at the sun, quickly regretting it as he looked down at the ground once more. Today was a hot day in Surrey, one of the hottest days ever to be exact. It was so hot it had to be on the radio, constantly telling people to stay cool. Leo never listened, thinking it was common sense to stay cool on a day like this, him dragging Harry to the park which now felt boring. In fact, both of the boy's whole summer had been boring and rather depressing, if I'm being honest.

Remember when Hermione made the boy's promise they wrote? Well now she hasn't wrote, despite all the letters Leo and Harry had sent. Ron hadn't wrote back either, Leo at first thinking he'd forgot, which he always does, however, Leo was starting to think both Hermione and Ron had avoided the two. What upset Leo the most was he sent the most amount of letters to one person who he was determined would answer. His Father. That one upset him the most as his Father didn't reply back to any letters that his son had sent, even Harry had sent some telling Sirius to reply to Leo. The boy sent round about a hundred letters, Sirius not even sending a smidge of a reply. This made Leo believe his Father wanted nothing to do with his son, making Leo's sleepless nights full of tears.

The first reason for his sleepless nights was his Mother. Every time he'd close his eyes for a minute, his Mother's voice would pop up, telling the boy how much she loves him. Leo tried to get the voice out of his head as much as possible, Harry having to stop him multiple times when he sat on the ground, chanting random spells with his wand at his head. Leo figured, if Voldemort could pull a memory out of his head, he could do the same. There was only one pro to having his Mother in his head, he now knew what she looked like. Even though he saw her in the Mirror of Erised in first year, he didn't know that it was actually her. This was a thought that Leo quickly dismissed, his Mother kind of looks like Amelie.

Speaking of the French girl, she was the only one that replied to Leo when he wrote to her, him writing a lot of letters because of it. Amelie was nice to him and sent him French sweets sometimes if he wrote that he wasn't feeling the best. She made her Mother write to Leo, the woman oddly similar to Molly as she was very caring and sent Leo some sweets too. Bella didn't miss out on writing to the boy either, Amelie's letter sometimes having a note from her Mother and sister. Leo wondered about the girl's Father, deciding not to ask only if she mentioned him, which she hadn't. Leo had been invited around multiple times, him having to decline because Vernon warned that if he asked again, he'd get kicked out. Anyway, he knew that the Laurent family was people he could visit anytime, Amelie's Mother saying so-

"Beat up another ten year old?" Harry asked Dudley, Leo looking up to see him and his friends surrounding him. Dudley had a 'rough' summer in Leo's words. He went through, not puberty, but something that makes him wear fake chains and beat up children. Yes, you heard me right, children. Leo had to sneakily use his powers to stop Dudley from knocking out a nine year old. Yes, you heard me right the second time, a nine year old. Dudley also gave himself a new name, Big D. Leo had to restrain himself from laughing whenever he saw 'Big D'. "This one deserved it." Dudley spoke, his friends agreeing with him. Leo snickered at Dudley's words, the boy's head snapping to him. "What you laughing about, drunkie?" Dudley asked, his friends howling like an audience at a nightly show.

Now, I know what you're thinking, 'drunkie? Why would he call him drunkie-' Shhh! Keep reading.

Leo figured if trying to replicate what Voldemort had done doesn't work, he would just sit downstairs and listen to whatever the TV was speaking about. This is where it all started, Vernon wanting one of his Saturday beers whilst watching a random gameshow Leo didn't remember the name of...