xi.

"Now," Leo started, him and Howard in the living room of Grimmauld Place. "For this, you need defensive spells. I know a fair few of those." Howard watched as Leo paced the room before him, the man sat down on the piano stool. "You'll need the Expelliarmus charm, Stupefy charm, the Confundo charm, the Accio charm, the Incarcerous charm and maybe the Unforgiveable Curses if we have time." Leo informed Howard staring at the boy blankly. "English this time." He commented, Leo stopping and looking to the man hopelessly. "Anyway, we'll start with Expelliarmus. If you look at this book, you'll see the wand movements. You practice the wand movement with no chants and I'll be right back." Leo apparated away before Howard could reply, the man looking over the book anxiously. "What the hell?" He muttered, seeing multiple diagrams and difficult cursive writing.

"Kreacher!" Leo called once he had safely landed on the ground, the Elf looking from his cleaning closet to the boy. "Yes, Master?" He asked, Leo nodding. "Go fetch me a wand, please." Leo asked politely, Kreacher nodding. "Of course, Master." Kreacher complied, apparating away himself as Leo apparated back to Howard. "Shit!" Howard yelled, startled as Leo supressed his laugh. "I've got Kreacher to go and grab me a wand so we can practice." Howard's face morphed into one of confusion, Leo sitting down beside him. "You don't have a wand?" Howard asked, Leo shaking his head. "Oh no, I do have one. I just stupidly forgot to bring it with me when me and Ron stormed off. Harry still has it." Leo informed, Howard holding up Sirius' wand curiously. "Who's wand is this?" He asked, Leo sighing. "My Dad's." He answered lowly, Howard instantly regretting asking and clearing his throat.

"Sorry." The man apologised awkwardly, Leo letting a... smile take over his features. "It's okay! Do you have the movement?" Leo asked, Howard noticing Leo didn't want to talk about it anymore and nodded with a shrug. "If it's this then yeah." Howard spoke, demonstrating the movement with one wrong flick. "You go like this." Leo spoke, taking ahold of Howard's wrist and guiding him to do it the right way. "Oh! That makes a lot more sense!" He exclaimed, Leo laughing. "Now, remember that so when I have a wand, you can cast it on me." Leo informed, Howard turning to him. "What does it do?" He asked, practicing the movement so he doesn't forget it. "Oh, it knocks someone's wand out of their hand. You can be dramatic and catch it if you want." Leo answered, Howard nodding dreamily. "Cool!" He exclaimed, shuffling in his seat excitedly, Leo raising his eyebrows at the man.

"Just out of curiosity, how old are you?" Leo asked sarcastically. "Oi!" Howard barked with a grin, punching Leo's shoulder lightly as the boy laughed loudly. "I'm 49, for your information!" He sassed back, Leo looking to him as his laughter died immediately. "You haven't got long left, you know?" Howard's mouth fell open, Leo letting out a wheeze at the man's reaction. "How dare you!" Howard sassed once more, Leo laughing and surrendering. "I'm kidding!" Leo defended himself, Howard squinting his eyes at the boy. "Are you?" He asked, Leo staying quiet. "Hello-" "I may or may not be kidding." Leo answered quickly, yelling when Howard pounced on the teen. "Ah! Stop!" Leo laughed, Howard punching Leo's stomach lightly so it wouldn't actually hurt. "I'm not fighting the elderly!" Leo wheezed, out of breath, laughing again when Howard held the side of his face to the floor teasingly.

"I'm better than that!" Leo spoke further, Howard laughing. "Tell me your kidding." Howard ordered jokingly, Leo laughing. "Fine! I'm kidding." Leo spoke, Howard not moving an inch. "Are you dead?" Leo asked, genuinely curious as Howard started to laugh, letting go of Leo. "Ow..." Leo let out softly, rubbing the side of his face that met the ground. Howard just shrugged, sitting back down on his stool as Leo straightened out his pants. "That was unexpected." Leo snickered, taking deep breathes to catch his again as Howard shrugged, a huge grin on his face. "Master?" Kreacher asked, the two seeing the Elf in the doorway, a wand in hand. "That was quick!" Leo spoke as he knelt before Kreacher, opening his palms. "I went to Ollivanders and grabbed an astray wand, it's only an Alder wood wand." Kreacher informed, Leo testing the weight of the wand. "It'll do. Howard! We have training!" Leo cheered, Howard laughing as Kreacher awaited any other orders.