Sickly

[Covid doesnt exist in this universe so dont even -_- lmao]

Clay glanced towards George who had still been sleeping. The brunette's face was pale and there were soft purple lines wrapped tightly around his eyes despite his copious amounts of sleep.

The older man had been sick for the past three days, constantly sneezing and coughing. Clay couldnt help but wish it were him instead of George that was sick.

The tall man quickly stood up, writing a note so George wouldnt freak out when he realized Clay was gone.

George-
         I'm heading out to pick up your iron supplements and I'll get you some cold medicine as well. Take it easy, love. I'll be back soon <3
                   -Your Green Bitch

Clay chuckled at the last part, placing the note on the bedside table for George to wake up to. He pressed a kiss to the older boy's forehead, frowning when he felt the heat radiate off of the brunette's forehead.

"Jeeze you're burning up..." he mumbled to himself, rushing to grab the keys from the stand placed by the door.

He hurried as fast as he could, starting the car and pulling away, being sure not to speed. [Irl dream cant relate smh]

Meanwhile, George tossed and turned against the warm bed, desperately trying to sleep again. With a sigh, he quickly gave up on his tired endeavors and opened his eyes.

His heart dropped slightly when he realized Clay wasnt with him. The last time this had happened, Clay was out drinking. The memories flooded his brain and he felt the same sad tears brim around his eyes.

The boy stood up quickly, a dizzy feeling washing over him for a moment. The feeling subsided and George searched every room of the house. Nothing.

He walked back into their bedroom, phone in hand perfectly prepared to call the taller boy and question him. His eyes landed on a piece of paper sat atop the nightstand. Relief replaced his previous worry and he smiled at the note, hoping Clay would be back soon.

The brunette scrolled through Twitter, boredom overtaking him quickly. A groan left his lips as he pulled up Clay's number. A chuckle left him when he realized just how hopeless he was without Clay.

My Green Bitch 💚💚

Clayyyyy
When are you gonna
be back? :(

I just got done at the
pharmacy. Shouldn't be
too much longer. Is
everything alright???

Yeah I'm fine. I just
miss you and I'm really bored.

I'll try to hurry, Georgie.

Please drive safe, though.
I'm not THAT desperate...

I will. I promise.
I love you. <3

Love you too,
Green Bitch <33

Oh! By the way,
do you still have a fever?
You did earlier...

Uhhh- I'll check!
I do :(

Okay love, I'm on my
way!

Alright be careful,
Clay.

George smiled, their simple interaction making his heart flutter. The two had been dating for a year and a half, the current date was July 7th, and George couldnt help it as his mind began to wander to what Christmas would be like.

It would be the first time the two spent any holiday together, and despite that it was only July, George was still thinking several months ahead.

His thoughts traveled to what he would get for Clay. What would he get for Clay?

Shaking his head, he heard the door open and immediately sprinted to it.

He wrapped his arms around Clay, catching the taller man off guard.

Clay released a chuckle, returning the affection. He pressed a hand onto George's forehead and frowned, the brunette's fever still hadn't subsided.

"Have you had any food yet?" Clay asked, the brunette responding with a nod. "What did you eat?"

George pointed towards the cereal, earning a nod from Dream. The taller boy grabbed onto George's hand, pulling the shorter of the two into the kitchen with him. He hoisted the brunette onto the counter top and snagged everything he got.

He handed George the medicine, the brunette quickly reading the directions before taking two tablets.

George hummed softly, watching as Clay put the soup and other groceries into their respective locations.

Clay made quick work of the groceries, discarding the bags appropriately and grabbing onto George, gently pulling the brunette from the counter.

"You're gonna get sick as well, Clay." George frowned, the taller boy answering with a simple shrug.

"We live together. I'll get sick no matter what we do," The tall man chuckled, placing George on the couch along with a soft blanket. "Are you still tired at all?"

The brunette shook his head, a smile falling onto Clay's face as the taller man sat next to George. He turned the TV on and browsed through youtube, finding one of their older videos to watch.

The two sat in a comfortable silence, wrapped around one another as they watched the green blob run around, nearly being killed several times.

"I've never paid much attention to how lucky you actually are," George stated, a wheeze leaving Clay's body immediately. "What did I do?"

"Nothing it just reminded me of when I was accused of cheating," Clay answered through the laughing, his words hardly audible at this point.

George shook his head, leaning against the younger boy.

"I cant believe we've been together for more than a year. If feels so surreal..." George's words were quiet, his voice just barely above a whisper.

"It is pretty crazy. Time flies when you're having fun, I guess." The two laughed, Clay continuing. "And I am pretty lucky, by the way." He paused.

"Lucky enough to call you mine, anyway."

[A/N: Just gotta say: I've been loving the fluff I've written recently its so- 🥺👉👈🥺]