Platonic

Dream released a sigh of frustration. He knew exactly what his actions were doing to George, and for some reason he enjoyed the way he could make the brunette struggle.

He didnt even have to try anymore, ever since they read that fanfiction Dream could do anything and George would melt against his words.

Sapnap joined his call, giving him a quick greeting.

"What did you do to George last night, Dream?" The green eyed boy smirked. "He was so freaked out." The duo shared a laugh before Dream gave an explanation.

"I re-enacted heatwaves a little." Sapnap burst out laughing, Dream joining him shortly after. "It's so easy to get him frustrated." Dream mumbled the last part mostly th o himself.

"Could you imagine if you and him were together like- in person? What you could do then?" Another smirk found itself overtaking Dream's face.

"That would be so funny." George joined their call and the two immediately shut up.

The british boy hummed, completely ignoring what Dream had done just hours before.

"Dreammmmy-" The other two listened, confused. "You know I had a different dream last night-" he giggled, his drunken state making everything much funnier than it was. "So thank you Dweamy-" His eyes shut and he fell asleep for just a moment.

"God, he's a mess, Sap." The two chuckled. "An adorable mess..." Dream mumbled the last part, once again hoping that Sapnap didn't hear him.

George woke up with a yawn.

"Why'd you let me sleep?" He pouted. "I dont need- s...ss" he fell asleep yet again and Dream removed him from the call.

"Dream I think you affected him more than you thought." The two logged onto minecraft, playing for four hours.

George had been in their call for thirty minutes, not saying anything. Just listening to the other two, ranting on about random stuff.

He had completely forgotten about the night prior, the alcohol still present in his system, changing the way he thought.

"Sapnap! You're literally gonna kill me- STOP!" George laughed, listening to the music that played through his headphones.

Sometimes all I think about is you.

He felt bad that such a good song would never be thought of the same way again.

Late nights in the middle of June.

It would forever correspond with the fanfiction. And for that reason, George listened to it every night.

Heatwaves been faking me out.

It reminded him that in an alternate universe, himself and Dream had feelings for eachother. Deep feelings.

It made his heart race, thinking about it. He hadn't ever thought of Dream that way in his reality. Had he?

The brunette thought back to the times Dream messed with him before they read Heatwaves. Nothing had changed. Dream acted virtually the same

It was George who had changed.

Dreams words truly did affect him. He had no idea whether his words had any affect on Dream, but he assumed they hadn't.

I overthink everything.

He shook his head, chuckling. Dream's old jokes truly had a different meaning to George. Nothing would ever be the same again.

"Dream please just- GO AWAY!" George was pulled back down from his thoughts as he flicked his eyes towards his monitor.

Dream's laugh rang through his ears. A serene feeling wafted over him.

Green Boi🤢💚

Dreamyyy

You're still drunk, George.

I am. But not as bad
as earlier.

Oh, okay.
What do you need?

Just wanted to talk to
you.

About what?

Nothing specific.

You make no sense.

Makes perfect sense.

Alright, yeah. Sure.

Heatwaves is ruining
my life.

I can tell-

Your jokes dont
feel like jokes anymore.
Delete.

Your words seem...
different.
Delete.

Yeah.
Read, 13:58

George zoned back in, listening as Sapnap ended his stream.

"Alright Dream. I'm gonna go do some other stuff now. See ya!" He left the call leaving only Dream and George.

"I'm probably gonna leave too, George. There isnt really any reason to sta-" He was cut off.

"Please stay..." George spoke softly, almost not wanting him to hear it.

"Hm?" George sighed, not wanting to repeat himself.

"Please stay, Dream." He spoke louder this time, releasing a yawn.

"Okay. I will." They sat in a comfortable silence for the first time in weeks. George released a hum of approval, his head resting against his hand. "Any reason you wanted me to stay or-?"

"Your presence calms me." George shrugged, not seeing anything wrong with it.

"That's-" Clay chuckled. "That's cute." George felt a light pink wash over his face, a smile breaking through.

Another bout of comfortable silence flooded the call, both parties enjoying it.

"Dream." The British boy spoke softly. "You're a really nice friend." Dream felt a slight pang in his chest, confused. He shook it off, looking towards his screen.

"So are you, George. So are you." If only he knew. George thought to himself. He would be disgusted. The brunette released a sigh, his eyes closing.

"Georegeee- I have to sleep. Got shit to do tomorrow." The younger boy chuckled. "I'll message you when I wake up. See ya later." Dream left the call, leaving George to his thoughts.

Friends. Nothing more.

That's what this was, right?

No romantic feelings. Completely platonic.

Exactly. Platonic.

What has that green bitch done to you, George?

[A/N: A bit of fluff to cool things down after the last chapter haha. We hit 200 reads in the first night. Thank you all SO much <3
By the way, I have no solid upload schedule. I just post as I get them done so... yeah
I just finished chapter 7 and it's so spicy idk if I should post it without cooling it down a bit haha]