Absent

[A/n: This story does contain some smut, however, I dont write smut most of the time. If you want a version of this story that includes more smut, It's called 'An Alternate Flame' and is on wattpad! That version is also the one posted on Ao3 if you prefer reading over there. Anyway, enjoy!]

For the eight or ninth time that week, George caught himself zoning out as he spoke with his best friends. He had been absent that week. This started happening when they read the fanfiction that plagues his mind so perfectly. He remembered it vividly...

"This is gold. There's no denying it." Sapnap had been enjoying the story more than the other two combined. The group shared a laugh at his words and George rolled his eyes, continuing to read.

"What? Come on. You know I'm an honest person. You know it's true, don't give me that." The British boy's eyes widened as he read ahead. Dream's words had caught him off guard. "Psst- George. Your turn."

He shook his head, reading quietly.

"I'm gonna hang up." Sapnap and Dream immediately burst out laughing, unable to fathom a hypothetical scenario in which Dream and George liked eachother as more than friends.

George gulped as Dream began reading again.

"You need to be kissed, George." He could almost hear the smirk on Dream's face. "So hard that you can't remember your name-" the younger boy's voice seemed to experience a sudden drop. "Maybe then you'll understand what I mean." The call became silent, none of them wanting to talk after what was just read.

George was, surprisingly, the first to speak.

"I gotta go guys, we can continue later. Uh... s-see ya." He quickly hung up, his eyes drifting to the words on his screen. George gulped, breath slightly labored as he toughed it out and finished the story, a light red washing over his face.

The boy sighed, remembering how Dream's words had made him feel. A flame had been lit within him, and he had no way of extinguishing it.

"George you seem off this week. You're here but you... aren't here." Dream was right. He wasn't able to act like his normal self. His mind started to overthink every interaction him and Clay shared.

"I'm just stressed. That's all." Bullshit.

"Oh, okay. Sorry to hear that." And he believed it.

George slowly floated back into reality and was finally able to focus on Dream's stream. He watched as the green blob fell into a hole, immediately exploding into a mess of items.

"Shit!" There was a loud thud that came through Dream's mic. He had punched his desk. Sapnap chuckled, clearly up to something.

"Daddy, Dream- chill." George's eyes widened.

"Sapnap!" Dream and Sapnap began laughing.

"Oh come on, Georgeee~" The British boy's face flushed a pink color as Dream spoke, his voice quiet and deep.

Why do I feel this way?

"Jesus, Dream." He's just being himself "Don't be a freak." So why am I getting flustered?

"George what's the matter? Do you need to be kissed?" His eyes widened.

"Dream what the hell?!" Dream sounded confused.