Ice

[I apologize if typos. I rarely post without editing atleast a little but it's just one of those days.]

George smiled, stepping onto the ice confidently. Dream looked at the boy, fear in his eyes.

"Oh come on, Clay. It isn't that scary." George spun. "See?" Dream widened his eyes in response and with a shake of his head, he followed in George's footsteps, joining the shorter male on the ice.

His legs shook and he wobbled similarly to a baby giraffe. A loud chuckle left George's mouth when Clay inevitably fell, the younger of the two letting a string if curses through his lips.

The brunette skated over to Clay, reaching his hand out to help him up. Dream took this as his opportunity to make George fall. He yanked on George's hand, giggling when the brunette joined him on the ground.

"What the hell, Dream," George pouted. He got back up quickly, watching Dream struggle to do the same. "You know, Clay I WOULD help you but you made me fall. Looks like you're stuck."

George laughed, ignoring the fact that Dream had stood up. He opened his eyes, widening them as he skated quickly away from Dream.

"Oh Georgeee~" Clay hummed. George's confidence shrunk each minute, Dream slowly getting the hang of it.

Eventually, Clay was able to catch up to George. They played a long game of tag, Dream eventually winning.

He caught George, wrapping his arms around the smaller boy. A smile worked it's way onto his face and he sighed happily.

The two stood still for a while, not caring about the looks they were getting.

George's smile widened as the lights dimmed, the music getting louder and the lights beginning to change colors.

He grasped onto Clay's hand, pulling the taller boy along. George hummed the song to himself, giving Clay a strange look when the first song came to an end.

"Listen..." George requested. Clay nodded, obeying the shorter boy.

'Last night all I think about is you.' Dream's eyes widened.

"What?!" He looked at George, surprise filling him. George gave him a soft nod.

"Elise is like a second mom to me. She owns the ice rink." The brunette hummed, spinning in circles. "She's let me pick the music since I was seven. I thought this would be a perfect first date song."

Skating back over to Clay, he grabbed both of his hands, holding them in his own. Dream shook his head.

"Date, huh?" The British boy nodded.

"Yes. A date," George's spoke. His words caused Dream's heart to flutter.

"You're fucking adorable, Georgie-" Clay watched as the other Male's face turned bright red. He placed a gentle kiss on George's lips, chuckling when he pulled away. "Now. You'll never catch me!" Clay yelled, skating away as fast as he could.

The two carried on for another hour, eventually both became very tired.

"Skating isn't as easy as it seems," Clay panted. George shook his head.

"You're right. It isn't." He escorted Dream off the ice, helping the younger boy figure out how to take his skates off.

"Jesus Christ, my feet," Dream complained. George rolled his eyes in response, bringing their skates back up to the counter, thanking Elise.

George gestured for Clay to follow him, walking back out to his car.

He smiled at Dream, grasping the boys hand in his. He enjoyed how [RIP hoe] calm he felt when Dream was around.

"That was fun, really. Thank you, Georgie." The Bristish boy nodded, agreeing wholeheartedly.

"It was my pleasure, Dreamy." They sat in a comfortable silence as they admired the night lights and after a short drive, they were back at George's apartment, left with nothing but the memories of that night.

Dream was humming Heatwaves as he followed George back into the apartment. George turned to him, raising an eyebrow.

"What?! Its catchy!" Dream defended. George laughed, gesturing for Dream to enter.

He closed the door, his cat racing over to him.

"Hellooo-" George spoke in a sing-song voice, running his hands through the soft fur.

The boy got up quickly, running over to the couch. He sat down and looked up at Dream, motioning for the boy to join him.

"It's movie time, you green bitch." Clay's jaw dropped, not expecting George to have the courage to call him that in person.

"That was the most unexpected thing you've said to me since I got here," Clay mused. George gave him a look, shaking his head.

"Not true. Anyway, we're watching Christmas movies." Clay stopped, grabbing the remote from George.

"Alsolutely not, baby. Don't get me wrong, you're great and all but its November, love." Clay flipped through the channels, chuckling at his words. He chose something random, sitting next to George.

George opened his mouth in protest, giving up before he had started. Instead, he allowed his head to rest against Clay's chest, snuggling against him.

A yawn escaped his mouth and Dream wrapped his arms around the smaller of the two, smiling when George almost immediately fell asleep.

He placed a kiss against the boy's forehead, a nightly ritual he was proud to have begun.

"Goodnight, cutie."

[A/N: No chapter will ever be as good as Nightmares I stg... ANYWAY- a person or two offered to draw stuff regarding this book and I would LOVE that. If you do, just make sure to tag me somewhere!
Tiktok: @bruthakevin OR @dweammteam
Instagram: @dweammteam