Dreams

[TRIGGER WARNING: Violence and Death]

His feet ran across the sand, the young man screaming for help just to be ignored. The people around him didn't seem to care. George fell to his knees, tears streaming down his face as he grabbed a handful of sand, throwing it in frustration.

The boy felt helpless, weak even, as he struggled to breathe. His chest was heavy and his lungs ceased function. His frail body pulled itself up, walking sluggishly towards the edge of the water.

He inhaled, his vision foggy with his own tears. The smell of salt water prodded at his nose. He blinked slowly, turning to see that the people were gone and the sun had set.

Giving up, George walked backwards, bumping into something. "Shit." He cursed to himself, turning to see a face.

His eyebrows furrowed. Realization struck as his eyes widened in fear. "NO! NO PLEASE NO!" He screamed at the top of his lungs, collapsing as the other person bent down to his level, a smirk evident on their face.

He breathed heavily, feeling a hand under his chin. He was forced to look up, seeing the pale skin of another man staring back at his own. "Please... don't do this."

From behind the figure emerged another, this one hadn't been in the realm of consciousness, however. George began to think his eyes had been playing tricks on him. With an evil chuckle, the figure turned towards the other boy, walking towards him in an agonizingly slow manner.

George shook his head furiously, crawling over to the newly emerged figure. He stood, positioning his body in a defensive way.

"No... please. I can't- handle it." The mysterious figure chuckled yet again, turning towards George.

"Oh but, Georgie, that's the point." The tears began to flow as the figure spoke. George shook his head again. "Can't bare to see yourself do something so... harmful- is it?"

His own voice taunted him, grabbing onto what seemed to be a knife. George ran towards the figure just to be pushed down to the ground, a knife held against his neck.

"Georgie- you seem fairly eager tonight. Don't worry. It'll be your turn soon, little one." The figure made a small incision on George's cheek and the boy hissed in pain, watching as the other boy came to.

"NO! PLEASE, GOD, NO! DONT DO THIS!" He sobbed, sinking further into the sand, unable to stand.

"George?" Dream reached out towards him, the figure reaching Dream's side. George looked away, hearing Dream groan.

He turned his face back slowly, gasping as he saw his best friend, laid there... a knife through his heart.

"HOW COULD YOU?! I HATE YOU!" He punched the ground, screaming. Unsure whether what he had just witnessed was real or fake.

"Oh, Georgie~ You silly, silly man." the figure reached him, the knife against George's neck again.

The figure bent down to his level, whispering softly.

"How could you possibly hate yourself?"

George sat up panting, sweat dripping from his forehead.

"Shit." He shook his head. "That's the sixth time this week..." He sighed, chuckling to himself. "Its becoming real..."

He grabbed his phone, checking the time. 4:17am. Yawning, he got up and sat at his desk.

'What do reoccurring dreams mean?' He pressed enter, clicking the first article he found.

"In general, recurring dreams indicate the presence of an unresolved and persistent conflict in an individual's life, and the theme or Central Image of the dream provides a stage for this conflict to play out. The cessation of a recurrent dream may indicate that the conflict has been successfully resolved." He read to himself. "Great. What's the unresolved conflict, then?"

With another shake of his head, he typed 'heatwaves' into the bar. He clicked on the document, going straight to chapter one. Moon jellies.

He read through Clay's dream sequence and sighed.

"It's so similar." He gulped. "Heatwaves is ruining my life..." For the past week, George had fallen asleep around midnight, waking up at four in the morning due to his... dreams.

"Time for a late night stream, I guess." He pressed 'go live' and welcomed everyone.

"I'm really sorry my streams have been late this week, guys. I'm trying to figure it out. I promise."

He loaded minecraft in and joined the SMP, a ritual he had been performing for the past three nights. He pressed tab, seeing that no one was online.

Thirty minutes flew by, George mining for netherite throughout the whole thing. Suddenly, a message popped up in chat.

'Dream has joined the game' George chuckled, still half asleep.

"Hey Dweammmm-" he hummed, immediately recieving an answer.

'You're awake?' George nodded, filled with laughter for a solid minute.

'Jesus, George. This isnt healthy...' George frowned.

"I can't help it... If I sleep, I'll have the nightmare again." The chat begun to get worried, Dream included.

George's discord rang out as Dream called him. He answered quickly.

"Clayyyyy- hi." George's voice was raspy and hadn't quite adjusted yet.

"George... please go to bed." He shook his head, sighing.

"I can't." Dream sighed loudly, receiving a frown from George.

"What's the nightmare about?" George thought for a moment, shrugging.

"You know the one you have in Heatwaves? It's like that but- scarier and less happy." He smiled, his emotions all over the place. "You die." He frowned again.

"George- what?!" Clay's voice was filled with worry as the boy spoke.

"Yeah and-" George's eyes drifted closed. Clay gave a sigh.

"Goodnight, George." The green blob logged into George's twitch and shut off the stream, staying in a call with George as he, himself fell back asleep.

George didn't have the same nightmare that morning. Dream's presence made it go away and as the brunette slept, he smiled. Mumbling in his sleep.

[A/N: So uh... sorry for making you cry lmfao. I'm so happy with this chapter and I cant wait to keep writing. And again, thank you SO much to anyone that has been commenting. You're all so nice and I'm so glad I decided to do this <3]