Candlelight

George's heart fluttered against his chest, a loving feeling overwhelming him. His body was wrapped in Clay's arms, mimicking the presents that sat under the tree, untouched.

The brunette shook Clay softly, waking him up. The taller man groaned, his grip tightening around George.

"Oh, wake up you big baby." George mumbled into Clay's chest, a soft smile making it's way to the brunette's pale face. "Its Christmas, Clay-bear."

Upon hearing those words, Clay immediately shot up, pulling George with him into the living room. The two found their spots along the couch, beginning to grab at the presents underneath the tree.

George pulled at the fragile paper, a tearing noise being the only audible noise in the room.

The british boys eyebrows furrowed, confusion flooding his face.

"A flash drive?" The brunette questioned, Clay giving him a soft nod in response.

"All part of my master plan, baby." Clay chuckled out, George rolling his eyes.

The two continued opening gifts, George left with a flash drive, a miniature projector, a large white blanket, and some other miscellaneous items.

The three main items clearly went together and George sighed. Clay clearly had this whole Christmas thing planned way better than he had.

The tall man hurried to set the projector and the screen up, connecting the flashdrive and giving George a smile.

"Its our first Christmas together so I wanted to make you something. I present to you, A tribute to Heatwaves." Clay stated dramatically. The tall man pressed play on the screen and disappeared as George watched the memories flash by.

Heatwaves played in the backround as several clips flashed on the screen, each being compiled from their channels or twitch streams.

From the various Heatwaves references the two boys made on stream to the copious amounts of teasing Dream and Sapnap partook in. Each flooded the screen, bringing tears to the brunette's eyes as the clips continued.

The end of the song rang out, and the video faded to what George believed was the end. That is, until it wasn't.

Words began scrolling across the screen, George reading them intently.

"Merry Christmas, blue boy. I dont think you'll ever understand what you mean to me. You're beyond perfect and I never deserved you. Through all of the issues we've been through, through my addiction, through my oblivion: you stayed through it all. And for that, I am forever grateful.

I still find it hard to believe that on June 13th just two years ago, Heatwaves came into our lives, effectively ruining them for a month or so. However, that novel was the best thing to ever happen to me. It brought me you... it brought me happiness.

That's why I created this video, George. Not because its Christmas, not because I needed a last minute gift, but because you're single handedly the best fucking thing that has ever been apart of my life, and I wouldnt hesitate for even a second to spend the rest of it with you.

I love you, Georgie. More than you will ever know."

George was full-on crying now when Clay walked back into the room. The tall man motioned for George to stand up, and of course the brunette immediately listened.

Clay grasped the smaller boy's hands, staring deeply into George's eyes before planting a kiss on the british boy's lips.

The duo pulled away, Clay speaking up.

"George. I fucking love you, baby. I find it hard to imagine what I'd do without you. My life would feel lifeless if I wasnt able to wake up with you in my arms, stream with you in my lap. I'd die for you or without you, George.

It used to be that I couldnt fathom a situation in which we liked eachother as more than friends but now, it's the opposite.

You're my candle, George. I'm the flame to your candle and melting you is my purpose. I melt you until you're gone and once that point hits, we die together. Our lives are spent with one another, the clock ticking as our time becomes less and less. But time doesnt matter because from beginning to end, the flame atop the candle will be there no matter what. Forever creating an irresistible heat, melting away at the candle."

Clay paused, his hand pulling out a similar box to the one that contained the promise rings.

George raised his eyebrows, shock filling his senses and making it impossible for him to think straight.

"George, I guess you could say I need you. And I'm pretty sure you need me too. So..." With another pause, the taller man was down on one knee, the biggest smile he could produce resting comfortably on his face. "Would you do me the honor of being my candle?"

A soft chuckle fell from the brunette's mouth as he nodded aggressively, the tears coming down like waterfalls as Clay placed yet another simple ring onto the brunette's finger.

The taller man wrapped his arms around George, the two staying in that same position for what felt like mere seconds. They felt timeless as they basked in the feeling of a love so true it broke them several times over.

"Clay?" The brunette spoke softly, breath being caught in the back of his throat.

"Yeah, baby?" Clay mumbled a response.

"My uh-" the brunette paused, his brown eyes staring into Clay's green ones.

"My wish just came true."

[A/n: And that, my friends, is the end. I cant thank you all enough for reading. This was genuinly the most fun I've had in a WHILE as far as writing goes. And who knows? Maybe I'll write more DNF in the future. But until then, bye for now! <3]