Together

George opened his eyes, staring at the clock on his phone screen. 5:21am. He yawned, wiping his eyes. Clicking through the notifications on his phone, his eyes widened.

The date was October 27th, the day that Clay and George would finally meet. The Brit stood, immediately shuffling through his apartment, making sure that it was spotless. He confirmed that it was and walked back into his bedroom, laying back down.

He grasped his phone in his left hand, draping his arm over his eyes similarly to the way Dream had. He took a picture, sending it to his friend. No caption, no filter. Just George.

He didn't expect an answer so quickly, after all it was only midnight for Dream and George assumed he would be sleeping. That assumption was cut short when the arrow on Snapchat changed.

He received an image back, a small smile finding it's way across his face. He stared at the image of Dream, the dirty blonde [I'm still so confused as to whether he's blonde or not. Deal with it lmao] had taken a picture of the bottom half of his face, smiling. George could tell that he was just as excited as him.

George quickly snapped another photo, mimicking Dream's pose.

'When is your flight, again?' He sent it, standing himself up and walking into the kitchen. He pulled a bowl from the cabinet and prepared himself a bowl of cereal.

He took a bite, clicking on the notification.

The Brit nearly spit his food out, looking at the picture. Clay winked at the camera, a smirk evident on his face despite that his hand was covering it.

'Three hours.' George smiled, trying to think of any and everything that they would do when Dream got there.

He took a picture of his cat, pressing send.

'Anything specific you wanna do when you get here?' George's mind began to wander, the boy imagined how their meeting would go.

Another notification flashed across the screen and George found himself smiling before he opened it.

A simple image of Clay's whole face, a smile replacing the smirk from the previous one.

'You.' George's eyes widened, he quickly typed away and sent a black image.

'Dream you can't just say that!' His heart was racing a million miles a minute. Somehow going faster when Dream replied.

'I can and I did. But dont worry it was a joke.' He immediately got another message from Dream. 'Unless...?' George chuckled, glad that Dream hadn't been serious. That wasn't what he wanted... yet.

George still hadn't been able to confirm or deny whether what he was feeling was a crush or just some stupid feelings triggered by Heatwaves.

'Jesus, Dream. Nearly gave me a heart attack.' He chuckled, placing his empty food dish in the sink. He hummed before taking a seat on his couch.

'Sorry about that. Couldn't help myself ;)' the young man rolled his eyes, looking at the time again. It had only been an hour since he woke up. A sigh left his mouth, he was no longer able to to have patience.

'Georgie I have to get ready now. I'll text you later, baby.' In a typical scenario, the nickname would have thrown George for a loop. However, Dream used it so often that it felt exactly like that. Just a nickname.

With a soft pout, George laid back down across the couch, conciousness slowly slipping from his grasp.

- - - - - - - - - - -

George yawned, waking up for the second time that day. He hadn't slept for much longer, or so he thought. He stared at the clock in shock. 12:53.

He had a total of five hours until he had to pick Dream up from the airport. He cleared the notifications, smiling at the ones he had from Clay.

Green Boi 🤢💚

Georgieee-
My flight leaves in
20 minutes :D
Gogy?
I assume you fell
asleep again.
Sleep well, baby. xxx
Read, 13:02

A smile crept onto George's face and he plugged his earbuds in. Clicking onto the youtube app, he played through Dream's videos. He found himself missing the green blob's voice.

Soon, George.

His cat jumped onto his lap, purring as he began to pet behind its ears.

Soon, you'll be in his arms-

He furrowed his eyebrows at his thoughts. They had caught him off guard entirely.  His mind began fluttering around inside his head, not allowing him to focus on his best friend's voice anymore.

You'll be together, George.

He shook his head, not sure whether he enjoyed his thoughts or hated them. What if Dream found the way George acted to be strange? What if they didn't like eachother in person?

He felt his eyes well up with tears, still confused.

Why the hell am I about to cry, right now?

He chuckled, finding his current position to be rather amusing. He was daydreaming about resting in his friend's arms, as though they were a couple. Is that really what I want?

The first bout of tears left the brunette's eyes, he was unable to hold back. He began sobbing, tears flowing down his face. A low chuckle broke through his sobs and he nodded.

That's exactly what I want.

[A/N: Shorter than usual by about 150 words, but I really like this one. As you can imagine, the next chapter is going to be so fun]