twenty two

after yewons audition, the two walked home together, him walking her home before heading to his. he had messaged kai and beomgyu saying that he had to go straight home. usually the three of them would go to mcdonald's then head to kais so heading straight home after school felt weird to soobin.

he arrived home, kicking off his shoes and placing his bag on the stairs.

"mom?" he called out, hearing her reply from the living room. he entered to see his mother and mr choi sitting on the couch, just like he did when they announced their dating. "soobin, you might wanna sit for this." miss choi spoke. soobin raised an eyebrow as he sat down across from them. "why? what's going on?"

"your mother is pregnant with my child." mr choi started. they hoped for a shocked expression from the teen but only got a blank look, as if he already knew. his mother cleared her throat. "anyway. due to the pregnancy, hyeongjun and i decided that we should live with him to help care for the baby once it's born since you'll be too busy with school and work." she explained. soobin looked down at the floor, nodding his head as he clenched his fists.

"hyeongjun also has a son your age and is coming to korea soon from america. we want you two to get along since you're gonna be step brothers." she added, the tone of her voice was different than before. "so you want us all to be one big happy family? i already have to teach his son korean when he arrives. now i have to live with him?"

"soobin. he doesn't get here for a few weeks so that'll give you time to get used to the fact that you're gonna have a step brother." mr choi explained. "hold on. you guys just started dating not long ago and now she's pregnant and you're gonna move in soon. and you're planning on me getting along with his son. isn't this going to fast?"

the two adults looked between each other before soobins mother spoke up. "you're right sweetie. we didn't even expect that i would become pregnant after troubling so hard with you. i guess we were just so happy that we weren't thinking. we'll hold off moving in with him until his son arrives. we just want you happy hun."

soobin looked between the two. he could tell even though they haven't been together too long, they were serious about everything.

he sighed, nodding.

"i'm going to my room." he announced before leaving them and heading up the stairs.

"this must be so hard on him." mr choi spoke with a sad tone.

"soobin was always his fathers boy but when woobin and i announced our divorce to him, he broke down completely and stopped talking to me after i convinced him to live with me. it took so long for me to regain his trust but it was for the best since he still thinks his father is a good man."

soobin laid on his bed, phone in his hands as he texted his friends in the group chat.

soobin x daniel ❤️❤️❤️

soob
wtf is that name???
who changed it?

fabulous gyu
duh me💁🏻‍♀️

hyuka
ofc it was him

fabulous gyu
stfu u single
so soob
when you and daniel get married who's taking whos last name??

soob
uhhh

hyuka
you dumbass
they have the same last name
remember daniel is korean too

fabulous gyu
oh right
his name is choi yeontan?

soob
yeonjun
yeontan is a dog

hyuka
this puta
so how did the audition go?

soob
it went alright
i should be hearing from them soon

fabulous gyu
ok but still give me his gd number
i ain't gonna steal your boyfriend i already have terry🥰

soob
fine
here
(xx)xxx-xxxxx

fabulous gyu
thanks bby😘

soobin rolled his eyes, laughing at his friend just as he received a text message from a number he's never seen before.

he tapped on it only to find out it's his audition results. he shot up right in his bed, head feeling dizzy but he couldn't care less.

"dear choi soobin. we are glad to inform you that you have passed your schools music show audition and are expected to pick a song from the producers and perform it live in front of the whole school. the deadline is in a few days..." soobin stopped reading as his jaw dropped. "i passed!" he yelled at the top of his lungs, arms in the air.

he got up from his bed and started jumping, clutching his phone tightly. he quickly stopped, bringing up his contacts and tapping call on daniels number, not even thinking correctly.

he held it up to his ear, smiling widely. he let it ring a few times before he realised what he was doing. panic over came him as he tired to hang up but the call had already went though. his jaw fell as he held the phone up to his ear.

"ah sorry wrong number." he spoke in english, quickly hanging up.

his heart was beating like crazy and he could feel his cheeks burn as he slumps down onto his bed, still shocked about what he just did.

his phone buzzed and he stared at the text that daniel had just sent him.

daniel

daniel
your voice is cute