fatality and resurrection [one]

𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝

If you are reading for teen wolf, I suggest you read the part above the ~~~ then skip to chapter 8.

The rain danced on the roof of the silver car. The clouds played its loud music, which was feared by some. It was dark. Too dark. The silver car was stuffed with a sleep-deprived family. The Carter's. 

They were once a mildly wealthy family. They used to own a two-story home with an attached guest house. 

It is funny how things change. 

The family consisted of a mother, her boyfriend, and her three kids. The boyfriend treated the kids as his own. He loved them with all of his heart. The children also felt a connection with their stepfather. I guess you could say they were lucky in that sense

The kids were all in high school. There was Brooke Carter, the freshman with an addiction to boys. There was Mason Carter, the senior with the weed addiction. And there was Madison Carter, the junior with an addiction to the Vampire Diaries. 

The family used to be overall lucky. The mom had scored a well-paying job at an IT company. The father figure held as secretary of a very big company. 

It is funny how things change. 

Just yesterday, the family was sitting at the dining table goofing off as a family. Now, they are fleeing. 

Each teen slicked with sweat and worry. The parents trying to stay calm and not freak the kids out. They were all scared. Scared. Only the parents knew what was truly happening. They made up a fake story to tell their kids. 

But still, the car was suffocating. The tension was so thick, you could cut it with a knife. The car came to a sudden halt. 

A stop.

On the road in front of them, a barricade of black-tinted cars. A loud snap echoed through the silence. The father's stomach churns in guilt. It was his fault, he repeated in his head. If he had just gone straight home that night. 

The dad turns to his family, "I love you guys. I would do anything to take back time." The teens were now confused. 

The oldest spoke up, "What are you talking about, dad?" The mother squeezes the father's hand as reassurance. 

The dad explained, "Last night when I went to the office to collect my client's paperwork..." The dad told them the truth. 

The truth that would lead to all of their deaths. 

The kids were drained of the color on their faces. "You did what?!" the youngest spoke up. "Look, I know it is bad, but do exactly as I say." The dad told the kids. Madison drops her head to her hands. Mason rubs his younger sister's back. 

"Get out of your car with your hands in the air." A loud voice projected through a megaphone. The family obliged, knowing they were already shoulder's deep in their bad side. 

The family was in line from oldest to youngest. Brooke was struggling to stay on her feet. Madison's lungs closing up on her. Mason felt rage coursing through his veins. The parents were ill with worry. 

"Any last words?" a masked man, who just walked out of the car, asked with a sadistic grin. 

"I-I'm sorry. Just leave my family out of this! I w-will do anything-g! P-Please!" the father pleads. Although, they fall deaf to the masked man's ears.