doing her job [two]

𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝

"Did she tell you what happened?" Olivia whispers to Scott, the pack all anxiously sitting in the waiting room of the hospital. Although the tension between the Argent huntress and Derek's betas ran high, they all shoved it aside for Madison. Melissa McCall was working on a different patient since the head nurse thought that she would be too emotional when it came to her daughter.

Scott shook his head, his head spinning with the way Madison's condition was when she first got to the porch, "no, she said that whoever did it was gone..." After a small pause, Scott spoke up again, "you guys should have seen the way Madison looked. Her face was all bruised and bloody, she could barely stand without wobbling. I've... I've never seen her so tired and scared."

The pack sat in silence, not knowing what to make of this situation.

After a few minutes, a doctor came out into the room, looking down at the clipboard. "Family and friends of Madison McCall?" The pack all stand up, striding towards the doctor, Melissa following soon after. With a frown, the doctor proceeds, "She made it, but she's been in excruciating pain for a long time, according to these scans. Some of her cuts have been infected, thankfully nothing too serious. Her bruises will heal with time..."

"Then what's the problem?" Melissa's wavering voice asks, feeling herself crumble. Scott wraps an arm around her shoulders for both her and his comfort.

"It's her ribs. They are shattered."

A cry falls from Melissa's lips and a few gasps from the pack.

"From what we can tell, they've been broken for a long time. Normally, ribs would heal themselves, but it seems that every time they have, it's been broken again. This caused a little bit of blood to fill her lungs, but we got it out just in time."

The waiting room was still, in stunned silence.

"Due to her extreme condition, we are forced to contact the authorities. And, Melissa?"

The mother looks at the doctor with teary eyes.

"I'm no therapist or psychiatrist, but whatever happened to her, it will take some time to get over." The doctor continues a second later, "she's still in a very vulnerable state, so no visitors are allowed yet."

...

Bright lights attack Madison's vision as she slowly drifts back into consciousness. Her eyes felt heavy and she was still as drowsy as ever, but she was not going back to sleep. Using an excessive amount of energy, the sorceress's eyes blink open, wincing at the intensity of the light.

"Fuck," Madison hisses, her eyes taking in her surroundings. She was in the hospital, and from what she could tell, there were cops at the other side of the door. Like that would stop Felicia.

"Morning, sweets," a voice calls from next to her. The familiar rasp and taunting attitude send a shiver down Madison's spine. The woman's heels click on the tiled floor as she walks closer in her nurse attire. Looking at her clipboard, Felicia smirks at the list of the teen's injuries, "wow, I did a number on you, didn't I?"

"What do you want?" Madison was now more aware of how vulnerable she was in this position. If she yelled, everyone would just assume it was PTSD. If she were to do anything else other than laying down, she'd be forced to lay down.

Felicia tilts her head, feigning a look of confusion on her face, "I'm doing my job." She walks around to the IV going into Madison's arm. "I'm a nurse, y'know."

Madison felt her heart drop. What if she befriended Melissa?

"Right now, I can't have you in my way..." she trails off, pulling out a syringe from her doctor coat. Before Madison could protest, a dose of wolfsbane was injected into the IV.

Due to her weak stature, Madison passes out quickly.

𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝