mind games [four]

𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝

Madison could not stand the idea of being babied and on bed rest. Neither could Felicia because the older woman had forced the teenage girl to compel her mother to let her move around and not be a complete waste of space.

As much as Madison hated doing it, she wasn't going to lie, it was liberating–knowing that she could do anything she wanted with just a look in the eyes. That feeling that she got from it; satisfaction and pure glee–it terrified her. The fact that she enjoyed compelling and taking away the will of her poor mother made her feel good.

Unknown to the girl, Felicia was playing mind games with her. Twisting her head so much so that even after the pale-haired woman dies, Madison would still be the enemy–so that Madison will always stay the enemy.

She wanted the teen to feed off of the destruction and chaos she would cause. And so far, it was working.

It was clear to Felicia that Madison didn't know how to fully use her capabilities because, even if she wouldn't admit it, the older woman would've never gotten her perfectly manicured hands on Madison, to begin with.

And they both knew, if Madison became the enemy, she would always be two steps ahead–a perk of her unprecedented knowledge of what happened in the show.

Right now, Madison was walking in absolute darkness without the slightest clue of what was to come when it came to Felicia. The pale woman wasn't in the show, Madison was truly blind when it came to Felicia and it would be her downfall.

...

"Scott, I swear to god, if you ask me if I'm okay one more time," Madison darkly snaps, her palm curling into a fist under the blanket draped over her lap.

Scott was used to the girl's threats, they were always empty handed, so he wanted to assume this was the same, but this time was different. Her eyes held a storm of emotions, none of which the boy was used to seeing on his sister's face. He could see the wild, untamable fire of built-up anger, the glint of something almost primal and animalistic, but the most prominent–emptiness.

It was the emptiness of her eyes that gave a sense of terror to Scott. Normally, she was lively, sarcastic, and alive. But after she came back, it was like Madison had flipped a switch where everything that made Madison herself had simply disappeared from her body–Scott understood why that could happen; she was traumatized. That's why he never thought much of it.

"Sorry," Scott mumbles, the room dipping into a cold pool of silence. The twins, for the first time since Madison arrived in this universe, had felt tension between them.

The girl glances at Scott from her blanket, watching the way his fingers twitched around the plastic handle of the bag and how his mouth parted and shut. He wanted to say something.

"Do you want to come with me to drop off mom's dinner?" the male twin asks, slightly fumbling over his words. A pinch of guilt pooled at the sorceress's stomach, but she knew the farther she pushed Scott away, the safer he was.

But, she needed a distraction and she most certainly didn't want to be home alone.

"Let me change."

...

The car ride was near silent for about five minutes until Madison couldn't take it anymore and turned on the radio. The soft melody of the Neighborhood filled the unwanted silence. The lack of communication gave Madison room to think, to think about how she was royally screwed by either the pack or Felicia, to think how she was going to have to push everyone away for their safety, to think she had to lie to everyone she had grown to love.

Her mind was a mess. She really wished that she could just end it all and lay to rest with her real family. With her real older brother, Mason. With her real younger sister, Brooke. With her real step-dad, Weston. With her real mom, Diane.

But that's not how it worked.

The person who had sent her here, had sent her a message. It went, and I quote, "I can see you're going through tough time and that could lead to suicidal or self-harming thought, but I can't let that happen. If you do try anything, I will have to stop you and you will still have to continue this story."

It made Madison livid.

This was getting out of hand, she just wanted to leave. At this point she didn't care about the others. Madison wanted to be selfish–needed to be selfish.

Whether the people around her liked it or not, Madison was going to do everything she could to leave this world.

𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧, 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐢 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐢'𝐦 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲. 𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭! 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐢𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠!

𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝