-ᴀᴅᴀᴘᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴs-

As they walk through the streets of London they were getting to know each other more. Simply because Eris had suggested doing 20 questions with Carlisle. Even though he didn't know what that was, he simply went along with her thinking it was simple as it sounds. 

She wanted to know what he's like since they never really elaborate on Carlisle's personality as a whole. It was always Edward and Bella. However, she still can't believe that she is walking hand in hand with a character that she had read about. To her, it was so unreal.

When they had arrived at the church and Carlisle finished what he had to do

When they had arrived at the church and Carlisle finished what he had to do. Carlisle had given her clothes that she had changed into as he said her attire would attract unwanted attention from other people which is something he had observed on the way here. Her clothes weren't really ladylike according to the norms here. Plus, the mere fact that she could get sick keeping on her soaking wet clothes from the rain convinced her nevertheless to change.

They started to venture out in search of her parents after wating a fresh baked. Bread. Eris was a little skeptical about the whole situation. She knew that Carlisle would not be able to find her parents as she was in a whole different world. Instead, she stayed quiet and let him continue his aimless search for her parents. His unwavering determination to help the little girl he had found shocked Eris.

The sun had already set and the bright moon was already on full display. They were tired from walking so much and were now sitting on a bench in the park. Both admiring the beautiful moon and its gleaming hue. The stars above made the sight even more beautiful as they were shining brightly along with the moon. She loved the way the it reflected on the pond.

Eris felt guilty that she was wasting Carlisle's time by letting him help her. Deep down inside she hoped he would find something but that mere thought was impossible. She wondered if she should tell the truth, but she knew she had no facts to back her up. The simple fact she appeared out of nowhere was all she had for she knew he was there to witness that. She sat beside Carlisle analyzing his state. He was sighing and staring towards the moon.

Right now she was cold and alone. She looked at the heavy clouds descending slowly. In another place, she felt the beauty around her. She felt as if the whole thing was just a dream that was bound to end.

When they had made it back to the church. Carlisle told her that she was given permission to stay with them for the time being. He even told her that he would take care of her. Carlisle wanted to take care of her as he felt that she would make a great addition to his family. From the time he first saw her he knew that this girl was entirely different. From the way she was dressed in clothes that were never seen before and the way she spoke freely. It was entirely different from what he was used to, and he liked that about her. Carlisle found her to be fascinating. He finally had company in this life of his and for now, he wanted to enjoy it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eris was given permission to stay, but it came with a price. Carlisle told his father that he would continue doing the chores, but he denied his request. She had to do chores and help around the house which isn't much. She knew that only seemed fair for she was given a place to stay, and she was being fed. Furthermore, she complies with the conditions given. Sometimes she messed up here and there, but eventually, she got the hang of it. Sometimes, she would be given errands to go around the town for Carlisle's dad, but with the assistance of Carlisle of course. He would accompany her so that she wouldn't get lost because he knew she didn't know her way around London.

Carlisle was busy most of the time as he was always helping his dad with the church. He also spent his free time teaching Eris the basic stuff she needed to know, or he would be spending his time expanding his knowledge on medicine. He wanted her to be able to fend for herself for there will be times he knew that he won't be able to accompany her. He came to enjoy her company. Carlisle felt as if she was a fresh of air, an angel sent down from heaven that he needed to protect. He gradually loved her as if she was his own child.

-5 months time skip-

Eris was already getting the hand of her daily routine. In all honesty, she was happy. She was happy that she was getting to know Carlisle more for he was a kindred spirit who became her friend in such a short amount of time. She always tried to be on her best behavior, so his dad wouldn't comment about her presence too much because he was against her being there sometimes.  Which was whenever she had messed up, but Carlisle was always there to help clean up after her mistake. Carlisle's dad thought that the girl was weird and rude. He believes that she was weird due to the way she speaks and the way she was dressed when she first came here. He couldn't accept her at all at times but gradually warmed up to the girl for he ended up learning that she didn't know any better.

Last month Carlisle decided to adopt her with permission from his dad. He knew that there was nobody here for Eris and that she was all alone in this world. He hated that someone just abandoned their child in the middle of nowhere. Furthermore, he was willing to take up that responsibility because he didn't want her to be in an orphanage, for he felt slightly responsible for not being able to find her parents. If he does so he felt as if he was abandoning her and to him, it was wrong in many ways. What made him come to this conclusion was when he went to look for her records. There were no files or records under her name. He was even more puzzled about the girl.  She had no personal records and seemed to not have been registered anywhere in England. It was almost as if she didn't exist. Plus, she had appeared out of nowhere in the middle of a forest.

Now she was officially a Cullen and her name is now, "Eris Evangeline Cullen." Eris liked her name. She was the one who suggested keeping her original middle name as it will remind her that she was originally not from this world. She hopes it was only temporary but as the days past she permanently grew to like this place. Minus the fact that the hygiene here was behind in their time she managed. She would often get a small rash from her clothes but didn't let it bother her. Carlisle would put something on it, and it would eventually go away. 

Every evening they would spend their time at their favorite spot which is the forest where they had first met

Every evening they would spend their time at their favorite spot which is the forest where they had first met. Every free time they had they would spend it there doing their own things. They would spread a sheet down and enjoy their time outdoors. Eris would write poems sometimes and show them to Carlisle now and again, and Carlisle would read one of his medical books. She couldn't understand what Carlisle was reading not because it was too advance. However, she couldn't read the books here on a whole since it was written in old English and the cursive words didn't seem to make sense to her. 

Carlisle promised her that in due time he would teach her the basics for he knew that she wanted to read some books as well. He would always see her eye the books he had on his shelf and the way she would slow down whenever they would pass the library. He was glad that she was interested in reading and learning. Furthermore, he also told her he would help her perfect her writing as well. Carlisle thought that her way of writing was sloppy and unreadable for he didn't understand what she wrote and had to eventually make her read it out for him.

So far everything was well and she was happy. She wasn't dreading or scared of being in this world and for a moment she didn't feel alone anymore.

But what she didn't know was that there was a storm coming.

A/N

Hi guys I'll start to update more :)

Hope you enjoy this chapter that talks about Carlisle and Eris's relationship that they have.

Carlisle is a good man.