-ᴀ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜs ɢᴀᴍᴇ-

Unedited

The extravagant ballroom was decorated with red roses all over. That seemed to signify something, but Eris couldn't figure it out. The glass chandeliers hung over their heads and lit up the intricate gold lining in the room. This allowed all the beautiful detailed ceiling to look beautiful as it was on full display. That came straight out of a painting. 

Eris soaked up all the beautiful artwork carefully admiring each detail. Aro seemed to notice her interest and decided to join her, and told her all the stories behind them.  This view seems to displease Caius. He didn't like that they were getting along. They should see humans as a pawn, not a friend but he stayed silent about this matter. He was warming up to the girl and Aro told him about it. He even teased him saying he was being soft. This aggravated him which was exactly what Aro had wanted.

Eris was later approached by Marcus and Didyme who were smiling away. They were trying to get to know her since they were informed that she would be staying in the castle until further notice. They enjoyed each other's company. Marcus took interest in the small girl and so did his wife. When noticing his wife happily chatting away with the girl. He decided to not cast her away, but rather he wanted to keep her close; so he can see his wife smile more. Caius noticing this encounter smashed the glass that was in his hand and that captured people's attention. 

This attention was later taken away by a tapping on the glass which gained everyone's attention again. This was towards the Volturi king's wives. They all lined up at the front smiling wearing a beautiful laced gown that was either fully black or had a hint of red on it.  This of course was accompanied by the Volturi crest that hung around their neck. ''Welcome my friends as we celebrate the anniversary of our reign. Please enjoy your selves for today is a celebration and not a time to render or sins but to rather acknowledge them. A time to remember the power our kings have worked so hard to gain. This is a toast for everlasting reign. Enjoy.'' And with that everyone engaged in their individual conversation again. The kings walked toward their wives embracing them while sending thanks leaving Eris alone in the corner. A cup of water in hand. Which was soon replaced with something Aro had handed to her, but she dare not to drink as it smelled like strong alcohol. Not that she is complaining. However, she rather played it safe. 

She looked around noticing everyone was in groups. All except Caius who was staring at her. She, head straight towards him passing through the crowd that seemed unbothered by her presence. 

"What did I do now?'' Eris asked while leaning on the wall beside him. 

"What do you mean?''

 ''Well, you look like you want to rip my head off at the moment.''

 He laughed at her reason then composed himself shortly after, ''Sorry, that's just how my face works. Enjoying yourself so far?''

 Eris looked around and sighed, '' No, it's quite boring if you ask me.'' 

Caius laughed even louder. He was expecting a different answer, but her bluntness never fails to amuse him. But saying he did not feel offended was an understatement. His wife didn't spend her time preparing this for a half-mortal to say it is boring.

 ''Say, what should we do to spice things up? Hmm. I have an idea. Follow along.'' he told her smiling. 

Eris did as she was told scared to see what he is up to. Far on the other side of the room were the wives and Aro and Marcus who were noticing the encounter. They were skeptical of what Caius would do.  Athenadora especially was very curious as to what her husband was up to with the human. Scared that he will do something risky again after overhearing their conversation.