-ʟɪғᴇ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋs-

Days turned into months, and eventually, she had forgotten about what had happened.

A lot of things had occurred since then.

It was her first day in high school. Her first time going to school since ever and she was so excited. She wore her neatly white uniform paired with white socks and black shoes. Eris even made an extra effort to put her hair in a cute updo style, which was all put together by her white bow. She was now taller, and her hair was long and very curly.

Eris was currently skipping to her bus stop, waiting with her mother at her side. She was worried about her daughter and, at the same time, mentally trying to calm herself, so she doesn't think the worse. Mrs. Martinez was worried despite the fact that she was excited to finally see her daughter happy after what had happened over the years. She gave her daughter a sweet kiss on her forehead and told her goodbye as she fought back the urge to cry. Everything is finally going back to normal. Her daughter was suddenly better and happier.

Eris was overjoyed. Her school was an all-girls school by the sea. To her mom's dismay, she was forced to go to a private school that was only available because she had received a scholarship. Eris was not dumb nor was she smart. She felt that she was lucky to receive this opportunity. Otherwise, there was no way her parents would be able to let her go to this school. During orientation, she made two new friends who were kind enough to help her when she had dropped all her documents in front of everyone. They were the first two to greet her when she had arrived at school happily bouncing and guiding her to their classroom.

Her class was very diverse, and she loved it. The Victorian French windows that were older than her were wide open, allowing the sea breeze to flow in. The wooden chairs and desk were placed by one side of the classroom facing the new whiteboard that was sparkly clean. There weren't many decorations, but it was perfect to bring out the pale yellow wall that surrounded them. She loved how airy and chill her class was. Her class was nothing like she had read or seen. It was all welcoming to her, and she was enjoying every minute of it.

The only part of it she hated was the amount of work that was given, but from what she had heard, this is how high school is. Since she was new to this setting, she tried her best to be herself and to catch up. With the help of her friends, it was quite easy to do so. And just like those days go by one after one.

Till she finished her first year of high school, earning a GPA of 3.8 in the first semester and a 4.0 in her 2nd, which made her overall have a whopping GPA of 3.9. She didn't have to take exams due to this new regulation that was placed for specific members in this honor society club. So her summer came and she spent all her time with her family.

To her, her second year was a bore. She still hangs out with her two friends who seem to stay with her through thick and thin. As the school work increases and months go by. Her perspective had changed, and so did her attitude. She was more closed about her feelings, which were one thing she had learned. She felt as if these people she didn't know like that don't deserve to see her happy, for nothing was happy with high school. They just created a façade and in reality, it messed her up, and all that joy quietly slips away. Her reality was becoming repetitive, and most days, all she wanted to do was sleep, but no, she had to get up at 7 and get going to school. A repetitive routine she was now forced to do. The only relationship she had was with her sleep, and they were in forever because who doesn't love sleep.

Near the end of the first semester, this person surprisingly asks her to go out with him, and she is happy. Her friends were happy for her and also encouraged her to be happy. They would go on ice-cream dates and hang out after school, but overall, he would never do things to her that would make her uncomfortable. He was overall a true gentleman. After a few weeks, they shared their first kiss, which was awkward at first, but as their relationship progressed, it was sweet. But good things always seem to have a time limit. Things ended quickly when she realized his love for her wasn't as deep. They had many problems, and most of the time it would always start as an argument over the phone and were never spoken in person. It was like they never had argued when they met the next day. Overall, didn't sit right with him, and he knew it didn't for her. He decided to end things even though he knew it would hurt her, but after realizing they were making each other's life miserable, he knew it was the right thing to do. It was simply the right person but at the wrong time, and that's what they stuck on believing. So, they settle as friends. Friends who don't even talk anymore. A "hi" and " hello" would go about when they encounter each other again, but besides that, it was as if nothing had happened between them.

A few months passed again, and her infirmity strikes again. She was forced to come out of school, not see her friends, and her teenage life to her was over. She was now back to her old routine. Eris kind of missed the sad reality she had before. It gave her a sense of comfort she never knew she needed. She liked the way it wrapped around her heart, giving it a gentle squeeze reminding her that it was beating and alive. It was a feeling of unforgettable despair and deep solitude.

Now, here she was sitting by the well previously thinking about how life was before everything just seemed to go downhill. She was stuck here for now since it was the safest place she could be in her country. There was an outbreak of a virus that took the whole world by surprise. So many lives were lost, and it was the world grieving for their missing loved ones.

To get her mind off things, she decided to pick up her old copy of Twilight and went to read it for the 20th time already. Hoping to trigger an escape of reality that would allow her to get out of this hell hole. After many readings, she was starting to give up and scratch it off as a dream. However, whenever she would look at it, a weird feeling of nostalgia would wash over her, tempting her to pick up the book. As always, she would give in.

During her duration of reading, she suddenly felt really tired. She stretched as she tossed and turned. Eventually, she was fast asleep under the willow tree in her grandma's yard, and there she let a different reality overtake her as the song swept her away.

--------------------------------------------------

hello, my loves. I haven't updated in a long time pls forgive me ><

I will be updating more frequently now :) Enjoy this chapter!!

Hope you like my song choice. Obsessed with this song rn.