Children of Conspiracies

Faith. What a strange way to decide what should or should not happen. How selfish it is. Even when you try to trick faith. It always finds a way to set its course back on track. No matter how much you change it. No matter how much you beg and cry. It never listens to you because Faith itself is selfish. Or maybe, Faith is a lesson that you should never question or change the past because everything happens for a reason. It is a constant cycle that goes in circles of being in denial and being incomplete understanding. However, what is certain is that no one can play games like how faith does.

Drifting with the wind and shuddering at its touch. Eris wrapped her cold hands around herself to provide herself a little warmth. At the moment she could only hear her unsteady breath and the trees swaying with the wind.

She didn't know where she was. As usual. Luck was never on her side.

Mustering up all the energy she had left. She picked up herself and venture deeper into the green forest. In a sense, it provided her with the comfort she needed

Silence.

And even though it was kind of creepy. Eris didn't care one bit. She was taking whatever faith is throwing at her since it doesn't seem to be on her side at all lately. All she does is mess up the order of things. It is a series of Faith vs Eris. While Faith is beating her by far she won't give up so easily.

After what seemed like hours, something that seemed like a hope of humanity was near made her change course. Following the smell of freshly baked bread lead her to a large victorian looking white house. This house was beautiful. From the intricate white french windows to the beautiful carvings on their wooden doors left Eris aw.

The yard had a mini playground and some toys laying around indicating kids live here. To her, it didn't make sense. Why would this house be here in the middle of nowhere? There is no car, no path, and no sign of anyone. It gave her the chills just thinking about all the weird stuff that may befall in this secluded lot

Lightly she knocks on the door and said a small hello, but no one answered. So, she knocked again.

No response.

Right as she turned away, a few shuffling was heard, and the sound of locks being opened made her stop in her tracks. Turning around she was surprised to see how small the kids who answered the door were.

"Umm hi-," she started but couldn't finish since they slammed the door in her face.

Well, that was rude.

The door later then opened again revealing a much older boy who seems to be around Eris's age holding a bat in a defensive stance.

"WHO ARE? WHAT DO YOU WANT? I AM WARNING YOU I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO HURT THESE KIDS. IF YOU WANT TO HURT THEM YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME!!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. His voice was a giveaway that he was scared. The way he trembled and how his voice cracked.

What has this poor gone through? she thought

"Wait...I mean I am not here to hurt anyone. I swear. I was lost. Are you ok? Of course, you are not. What type of question is that Eris? I'm sorry. I don't get what is going on. I was going against some old man and now I am showing up in the middle of the forest soaking wet from the rain earlier and my eyes are red from crying so much. So I am sorry if I look creepy. I smelled food after a few hours of walking and my feet were starting to hurt. It was these damn heels. Then I just happen to come across the house hoping to get some help and then boom you threatened me with a bat and now we are here. So can you calm down so we can talk this out?'' She rambled out a little too fast for the little kids behind the boy who looked at her wide-eyed.