-The damned sunshine-

Long chapter.

The hunter is continually on the lookout for their prey. The hunter is always the one running after them, but what they don't realize is that some prey is sometimes disguised as hunters waiting to trick their victims. It was their favorite dangerous game because of the thrill of it all.

Eris circled around Aro. Who was watching her every move. He hated how she looked at him. It was as if she knew everything, and she did.  

During her stay, she learned a few things while living with the infamous kings. One, never let your guard down and always be alert because everyone is your enemy. Two, never reveal your true self it is an open way for you to show your weakness. Lastly, when going against someone more powerful than you, intimidation is the key structure of dominance. Works every time. However, the one who stayed with her was Didyme lessons and teachings. That a fellow sister would never tell.

Aro was getting antsy. He never felt so bare before. It was as if all of his thoughts and plans he had kept hidden were written right there for her to see.

 Getting rather annoyed, he walked ahead and sternly asked, ' What are you doing, Eris? Why are you looking at me that way?''

Eris knew exactly what she was doing. His reaction confirmed that her method was working. 

"What do you mean? How am I looking at you?" She said in a dumbfound manner while fixing the sleeve on her dress. 

You look at me as if I am your prey. 

Of course, he would never say that out loud. Unnecessarily, he cleared his throat. "Nothing. I think you should head back to your chambers. I shall take my leave.''

She watched him leave. A side glance was thrown her way. His face showed full frustration and confusion. The door made a sound as it closed, and that was when her façade faded. A full-blown smirk was spread across her face. She picked up her dress and headed back to her chambers, singing an old tune Carlisle would sing for her. Her heels echo through the empty halls. She looked so carefree at that moment, but in this small, carefree girl's mind, she is thinking of ways to find justice for her friend. No more pain. This is her chance, and she would definitely take it. 

-Next day-

"Eris, what are you looking at?" Didyme asked after seeing her friend eyeing the poster for more than 10 minutes. 

"It's a play happening in a new theater they just build. Apparently, it's the best of the best, and they are hosting a famous play of a book you read."

Didyme was intrigued and read over the poster in the little girl's hand. Eris saw how quickly she got excited, and the way she quickly rushed out with the poster then came back to give her a kiss on the cheek, saying she would be back. All she could do was shake her head at her friend's antics. it was nothing new between them. 

At this moment, Didyme was convincing her husband to take her to see the play. He wanted to disagree, but he couldn't say no to his loving wife even when her eyes sparkled with delight whenever she mentioned it. At this point, he wanted to bring them all the way to the palace, but that would risk exposure. There are more problems the anxious king didn't want. If this would make her happy, he willingly complies and sets preparations to let her go. Hearing his confirmation made Didyme so happy, and this was all He needed in his life to make him happy. His beautiful radius soles (ray of sunshine).

Later that evening, he had an unexpected guest. But I was not surprised to see that it was Eris despite not being able to sense her.  However, he was surprised to hear the reason why she was there. Eris had spent the morning planning a security detail to discuss with him for Didyme. He was shocked to see that a girl her age knew how to do this but gave her an ear either way. After a few minutes and some tweaking, he was speechless. He didn't confirm her suspicions that it would be implemented but rather told her to go rest. As she left, his guard was called, and together, they enforced her plans. However, what Eris didn't know was that all guarding details were managed by people under Aro.