picnic

TW: SUICIDE MENTION, SEX JOKES

I returned home after school and did end up having to talk to my parents about what happened the day before.

They ended up taking me to a doctor. They told the doctor I was depressed and now they're making me take antidepressants. They also almost made me go to therapy. I knew I didn't need it so I refused.

Today, it was Dec. 4, a Saturday. It has been a little over a week since they learned about my suicide plans.

They are still on edge about letting me date Darryl. They think if they don't let me, I'll try to kill myself again, and if they do, I'm only going to get my heartbroken. I was still staying with Darryl. Darryl would never breakup with me. He practically begged me to stay with him at the family dinner.

Every thing has just been so stressful lately, so I asked Darryl out on a date to the park where we could have a nice, relaxing picnic. I was planning for it to just be the two of us, but I guess Darryl was seeing it more of a hangout.

He invited George who invited Clay and some other girl we didn't know. Darryl also invited Valerie who invited Sam.

I wanted to cancel the date since it wasn't going to be the relaxing picnic I was hoping it would be, but Darryl seemed pretty excited to spend some time with our friends so I went on with it.

Darryl and I bought some of the food like sandwiches, cupcakes, strawberries, and cookies. We also brought the water.

We arrived at the park and found a good place to have the picnic take place at. We took a seat on the empty grass under a tree. We waited for the others to  arrive.

The next people to come were Valerie and Sam. They had brought a blanket for all of us to sit on. This would be the first time I would see Valerie interact with Clay and George.

Clay, George, and the girl George invited all arrived a few minutes after Valerie and Sam. The three of them had scoops of ice cream in a cone. They took a seat next to the rest of us.

I raise an eyebrow to Clay and nod my head over to the unknown girl, signaling for him to introduce her. Clay shrugs. George noticed our body language and laughs.

George claps his hands together to get everyone's attention. "This is Scarlett," he tells us. She waves to us.

"Whose your friend, Sam?" Clay asks Sam, signaling to Valerie.

Sam smiles over at Valerie who smiles back. "This is Valerie. She's in our advisory and she's one of my closest friends!" I cringe at the words. I could tell Valerie did too.

We all introduced each other to Valerie and Scarlett. We started to eat, everyone took a sandwich and a cupcake.

I stood up straight next to Darryl. He rested his head on my shoulder while we ate. I knew everyone here except Scarlett knew we were dating, so it was fine to act as a couple around them, especially since Scarlett didn't attend our school.

We got a couple confused stares from Scarlett, but we ignored them. A street vendor selling hotdogs passes us. Darryl seemed to watch it as it passed by.

"You want some?" I ask him, pointing at it. 

He nods, giving me a 'yes please' look. I dig in my pockets, realizing I had no money. I nudge Clay on his arm. "Can I borrow some money?" I whisper ask. He sighs before pulling out cash from his pockets.

"Fine. But you owe me," he hands me the money. I pat him on the shoulder as a thanking gesture.

I walk up to the vendor and buy hotdogs for the whole group. I return back and hand Clay the leftover change. He buries it deep in his pocket.