father and mother

TW: ABUSE, BLOOD, CUTTING

~Darryl's POV~
I saw mother walk in. She shot me a glare of daggers. I tried to ignore her. I looked over to Zak l who was giving me a worried expression.

The principal came out of his office. "Darryl, Mrs. Noveschosch. Come in."

I got up and started walking over to the principal's office, mother by my side. She didn't look too happy with me. We walked into the office and took a seat.

"Hello." Our principal, Mr. Schlatt said to us. "Darryl. The other day, your parents called school. Apparently, you've gone missing last Friday. And you were last seen at school and didn't come home. So, where have you been."

I didn't want to tell them I was Zak. If I did, he would get in trouble as well. It was just like my dream.

I thought for a second about what to say. Mother had an annoyed glare and was impatiently tapping her foot.

Mr. Schaltt laughed. "Well, Ms. Noveschosch, there's a kid in reception right now. His name is Zak Ahmed. Darryl and Zak came to school together. And Zak doesn't need to be here. He may be here waiting for Darryl to walk him to his house." 

My mother looked over at me. I think Mr. Schlatt knew I would get in trouble for this, but he didn't care. I knew he didn't like Zak.

"Thank you, Mr. Schlatt." Mother said raising an eyebrow at me.

Mr. Schlatt clapped his hands together. "Well. Glad you found your son. I'll be sure to call Mr. Ahmed's parents. We just wanted to make sure you were safe, Darryl. You're excused."

As soon as we entered reception, Zak saw us and got up. Mother glared at him as she pulled me out into the hall. I saw Zak, worried, and confused. He was out of my sight when my mom dragged me into her car.

I sat in the back so she couldn't do anything to me. She started up the car and drove to our house. "Who is that boy?" She said, looking at me through the car mirror.

"Just a friend I met the other day," I mumbled.

"Your father will be hearing about this. He won't be happy with you."

I nodded. I looked out the window. This wasn't a good way to start the week. First I get sick, second my nightmare, and now my parents found me.

We pulled up into my driveway. Mother unlocked the front door with her key. Father was sitting in the living room watching a sports game.

"Look who's home." Mother said grabbing my arm so I couldn't escape her grasp.

Father turned around and saw me. His expression angered. "Where have you been." He walked up to me. Father had this intimidating look. 2x bigger than me and about 8 inches taller than me. He walked in front of me and looked down at me.

He slapped me across the face. My nose started bleeding. I immediately covered my nose as the blood ran down to my mouth "Where have you been?!" He repeated.

"He was at another boy's house." My mother scoffed, "I heard he is trouble, that Zak kid. Don't hang out with him anymore."

I nodded and put my head down. I tried walking away but I felt a pull on my sleeve, which pulled me back. "Hold on mister. Why didn't you tell us you were staying at his house. Is he your boyfriend or something?"

Blood still dripping on my face, I could feel my face heat up by those words. I looked up at father and looked back down. He took out a shard of glass from his pocket. He lifted up my bloody face to look up at his. He picked up my arm and rolled up the sleeve of my sweatshirt.