the aftermath

~Zak's POV~

On Tuesday, the day after Darryl's parents found him, Darryl didn't show up to school. I asked Clay and George how he was.

George said that Darryl would be moving in with him next week. After that, Darryl would be basically dropping out of school.

That means Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday was the last days I had to talk to him in school.

Tuesday was a nightmare. I missed Darryl. I spent the whole day thinking about him. I was glad Darryl was moving in with George. He would be safe there. Plus, George was a nice guy, he would be fine living with George.

I was a bit jealous that he was moving in with George instead of me, but George has a good relationship with his parents and has a big house.

I couldn't think straight. I was worried about him the whole day. Why wasn't he showing up to school? Maybe he was getting hurt?!

I was in science class. Mr. Mumbo tried asking me what's wrong but I just ignored him. I didn't feel ok. I didn't know if Darryl was ok.

I buried my head in my arms. All I could think about was Darryl.

Ever since I realized my love for him, he wouldn't escape my mind. Every time I thought of him my heart would flutter, and my mind would race.

I was scared for Darryl. I worried for him. Clay and George told me that when they checked up on him, he didn't look too good. He had a broken nose and had blood running from his mouth. They also told me his parents did that to him. My blood boiled.

I knew Darryl was very vulnerable and bad at standing up for himself. I knew I would be there to protect him. At this point, I dedicated my life to protect his. I mean, he saved my life.

I wouldn't let any touch, take advantage of him, or hurt him. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did.

Darryl's perfect. I wouldn't be shocked if someone else liked him. But, doesn't mean someone should. I felt like I earned my place to be Darryl's boyfriend. I wasn't sure if he was straight or not though. I was hoping he wasn't so I have a chance.

I knew a way of getting rid of my competition. If someone would ever get in the way of me and Darryl, I'd just get rid of them. Permanently.

I knew Sam was competition, but I wasn't going to kill her. She's my blood, so she has value to me.

I knew I had to get rid of Schaltt. I think he's the reason Darryl's parents hurt him. Then again, it could be me. I could be the reason Darryl got abused. I wouldn't be able to live myself if I was the reason.

Yesterday, Schlatt called my parents. He told them about how Darryl went missing. He told them about how we took in Darryl without Darryl's parents' permission.

I got in trouble. I knew it was rude, but I told them about Darryl's situation. They sympathized for him, but I was still grounded for a week for not telling them sooner.

I went to computer science. Today we had to start programming our game. I had to do it alone since Darryl didn't show up at school.

I felt cold in that seat without sharing it with him. I began programming the game. After Darryl secretly dropped out, I would have to do this alone until the end of the project.

He was the only thing that made computer science fun. Other than him, it was a complete waste of time for me.

I had a plan. Confess my feelings to him on Friday. He was moving in with George on Sunday. Friday is the last day I got to see Darryl at school. When Darryl moved in with George, I'd drop off Bubbles and his clothes to him. Maybe have a sleepover after.

Computer science lasted forever. When it did though, I had to go to lunch detention. I entered the cafeteria, bought food, and went to lunch detention.

I sighed as I sat down on a seat in the classroom. It felt lonely without Darryl by my side. I got through the day though.

When the day was over I walked home with Sam. She rambled on about her date on Friday. Friday was the day I would confess. The thought made me laugh. What if he liked me back? And we kissed. On the day he was going out with my sister.

I wondered if he liked Sam.

I took a shower once I got home. I thought of every possible response I would get when I confessed.

He might be straight

We might kiss

He might like me back

He might like Sam

He might hate me after

I'm hoping it's 2 and 3.

——————————————————————————
Thank you for reading part 11 :)

Feel free to give any suggestions and vote if you enjoyed!
——————————————————————————
Short chapter today. I have a plan for part 14 so the next two might be a little short like this one 7-7