the last sunny day of november

A following week after the party, Clay informed me something about Vincent. Apparently, Darryl, Vincent, and Clay were partners in a class that I wasn't in.

Clay told me while they working, out of nowhere, Vincent would just start whispering to Darryl. Darryl would usually blush, or hide his face. Vincent would  always laugh as a result.

Clay also mentioned Vincent's tone. It sounded flirty, and it made sense since it would always make Darryl blush. I gave Vincent a chance, but soon Vincent carried the whispering to the lunch table. It got on my nerves, and Darryl wouldn't tell me anything.

Clay and I decided to go on another murder mission. We decided on a Saturday, but the day we planned, Darryl came over to my house. It was only morning time, and Clay and I planned late at night but Darryl wanted to sleep over and he wanted to do an all nighter.

I texted Clay.

🟩Clay/Dream🟩

You
Darryl is staying over for the night can you handle this on your own?

🟩Clay/Dream🟩
Sneak out

You
Dude I can't

You
We're doing an all nighter

You
Think of this as your first solo mission

🟩Clay/Dream🟩
Fine

🟩Clay/Dream🟩
But Darryl is your boyfriend not mine

🟩Clay/Dream🟩
Im murdering someone for someone who isn't my boyfriend

🟩Clay/Dream🟩
Soooo you owe me

You
Fine

I clicked off my phone and hung out with Darryl. He came early in the morning so he was tired when he came over.

He took a quick nap. I woke him up after a hour and a half.

"Darryl? Wake up, sleepy head!" I shook his body. He groaned groggily. I giggled and he sat up. He wiped sweat off of his forehead.

"I'm so hot," Darryl said pulling on his sweater.

"Take off your sweater, dummy,"

His eyes widened and his face lit up. "I have a better idea, let's go to the beach,"

I laughed softly, not sure if we should. "In the middle of Fall?"

He grinned endearingly. "Yeah! It's pretty hot, like 90 degrees. We can to that nearby one and go get ice cream at that nearby ice cream parlor, then we go swimming and make sandcastles!" He said excitedly.

He was had a goofy yet charming smile. I couldn't help but smile too. I finally gave in, "Fine,"

Darryl squealed and got up from my bed. "Should I invite George and Ant?" He asked me pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"I was wondering if it could just be us. Like our first official date," I say shyly, rubbing the back of my neck.

He smiled softly at me, "Ok, now let's go," he helped me up from my bed. I grabbed some towels, spare clothes, sunscreen, and money while he changed. I got changed too.