idots

Thursday

The day before I confess.

I opened my blinds. The sunshine blinded my face. I wasn't sure if I should still kill Schaltt or not. Today, I was going to ask Clay why Darryl kept ignoring me.

I opened my closet and took out a black hoodie and threw it on. I then took off my pants and put on a new pair of dark blue jeans.

I went downstairs and cooked a packet of oatmeal. It took me 10 minutes to finish the oatmeal. I left home at around 6:55.

I was happy for Darryl. He was moving in with George soon. George lives in a mansion. His house was wide and tall. It was 2 stories, 4 if you count the basement and attic. There were 9 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, a movie theater, 3 offices, a game room, and an indoor and outdoor pool. The pool has a built-in jacuzzi and not to mention the fact he has 2 spa rooms.

George and Darryl would have the house to themselves since George's parents are always traveling and on business trips.

I entered school. I didn't see Vincent outside of the school, so I just assumed he was late today. I saw Clay and George talking next to a classroom. I waved at them and they waved back. I walked over to them.

"Hey, guys." I buried my hands in the pocket of my hoodie. "Do you guys know why Darryl keeps ignoring me?"

"I'm not sure," Clay answered. "But something interesting is that when we checked on Darryl before his parents let us in they asked us if we were you."

Did his parents not like me? George nodded to Clay. "Darryl's parents might not like you and told Darryl to stay away from you. I don't think Darryl doesn't like you, but he just doesn't want to get hurt again."

Those words hurt. I was the reason he got hurt. If he was seen with me, he would get hurt. Maybe this can be over when Darryl moves in with George?

I knew I still needed to confess. If I confessed it would have to be tomorrow. I didn't want to do it at George's house. I looked down at my hands in my pocket. I heard a silvery voice call out from behind me. My heart fluttered.

I turned around and saw that it was Darryl. He was calling Clay and George. The two looked at me. I knew they were going to walk away to Darryl, leaving me alone. I sighed. I looked at Darryl again and locked eyes with his.

He finally noticed me and his yippee expression quickly changed to a scared one. Clay put his hand on his shoulder as he and George walked towards Darryl. I was alone again. I faced the open classroom door we were talking next to.

Geo and a few other boys were there talking. Since Vincent was here yet, Darryl's ignoring me now, and Clay and George chose him over me, I decided to hang out with him Geo, and the others.

I walked over to them. I waved at Geo. He waved back and I took a seat next to him and the other boys. The other boys took a second to stare at me.

"This is my friend Zak," Geo said introducing me to the others.

Each boy introduced themselves to me. A boy with bangy brown hair wearing a skirt greeted me telling me his name was Finn.

"What's with the skirt," I asked

Finn smiled at me, "Fuck gender roles."

Another boy by the name of Arran greeted me. He told me that he goes by Vurb as well. It was an odd nickname but everyone went with it.

The last boy was named Jacob but went by Zelk. I wasn't sure why everyone had their nicknames. Spifey, Vurb, and Zelk.

Geo meant them the other day at the park and recognized them from school so he decided to talk to them.

The bell rang. We were sitting in Zelk's advisory classroom so we left to go to ours. Vurb and Finn were in our homeroom too, so I didn't know how I didn't recognize them.

I entered the classroom. Darryl, Sam, George, and Clay seemed to have formed their group. Next to them was Vincent. His presence was with theirs, but he didn't seem too interested in their conversation. I was surprised Darryl still talked to Sam but not me.

Vince's face lit up when I and the 3 other boys walked in. "Where were you two?!" He said running up to me and Geo.

"We were at the other advisory classroom," Geo answered.

"What? I was waiting for you the whole morning, Zak!" Vince said, his French accent making his voice sound louder than it was.

"I'm sorry! You were late, so I just walked around waiting for you."

The teacher interrupted our conversation. "Settle down boys. Class is starting." 

We all took a seat. He called out attendance and we moved on to the next class. Turns out I shared a lot of my classes with Finn and Zelk.

During second period, we would play around during class. Third, we passed notes to each other the whole time. Fourth, was computer science.

I was still partnered up with Darryl. I still loved him, but now I understood why he distanced himself from me. I figured once I confessed and he moved in with George, we would be good again.

I barely talked to Darryl in that class. I was texting Geo, Vurb, Zelk, and Finn during class. We made a group chat. I tried naming the group chat, "idiots" but I miss-typed and named it, "idots". We went with it a created a friend group. The Idots.

Even though I shared computer science with Finn and Geo, we still decided to talk on our devices. Darryl coded our game as I texted.

Darryl finally looked at me and frowned. "A little help, please."

"Yeah, yeah," I said fanning my hand as I continued texting.

He gave me a look that was a mix of upset and annoyed. He sighed and continued coding. I felt a bit guilty. I decided to end my conversation with the other boys.

I put my phone down. "What do you need help with?"

"Can you make grass and stuff to make the scenery look better?"

I nodded and started typing. I coded little stripes that can be colored to look like grass. "Here. Color this and it'll look like grass."

He nodded and started coloring over the stripes. "Who have you been texting." He asked me as he added textures to the stripes.

"Just some new people I met." He nodded and continued to color over the stripes.

I wanted an answer out of him. I knew why he's been talking to me less but I just wanted to hear it from him. See if he'll come back to me. "Why have you been ignoring me?"

He stopped coloring everything for a moment. "I was texting you non stop on Monday and Tuesday. I was worried about you. I thought you were hurt."

"Sorry." He unapologetically said in a quiet voice.

I put my hand through his hair which caught him off guard. "Do you not like me anymore?" I asked.

"I have nothing against you." I heard him say.

"Then what is it?" My tone angered.

He sighed. "Not right now, Zak. We have a project to do."

His tone caught me off guard. He sounded mad at me, which made me mad at him.

Class dragged on as we worked in silence. When it was over we went to the cafeteria in different directions as we did yesterday. Everything fell into routine.

Lunch detention, fifth period, sixth period, seventh period, and school was over. I walked home with my new friends. I went home and laid down taking time to think.

Darryl and I were drifting apart.

——————————————————————————
Thank you for reading part 13 :)

Feel free to give suggestions and vote if you enjoyed!
——————————————————————————

Part 14 next!